With Company response Not resolved

Here is my original post to Sears website, which comment was disapproved:

I purchased the 3000 psi, 2.7 GPM 6 months ago. The first unit shipped to me had a broken Quick Switch. (Cheap plastic, poorly designed, will break again but I can probably live with it since it directs the flow of soap and doesn't affect the pressure washer itself) Had to take the entire unit to the local store, rewrite the order and have them ship a second unit. Couldn't give me the part off the display model, that would be too easy. Used the unit 3 times and the Engine Rocker Switch breaks. This switch must be pushed every time you start and every time you stop the unit. Yet they make it out of the cheapest plastic and aluminium they can find. How much did they save, a few cents? Rather than go thru the bs warranty procedure (as outlined in other posts) I figured I would save time, if not money, and order the part. Using the part number and model number as shown in the Operator's Manual, I ordered the part. The part I received was much more robust, including copper, not aluminium, contacts. The only problem is it does not fit the unit. After wasting 51 minutes on the phone with searspartsdirect, the problem was referred to the "research" department, who will have to get together with the Briggs & Stratton representative. In 10 days or so I will have a resolution. Or maybe I will have start the BS warranty procedure.

The bottom line is "Craftsman" doesn't mean anything anymore. This company as we have known it will be is gone in 5 years, if not sooner.

For a pressure washer, I would recommend **********, which has a better, less hassle, return/replace/warranty policy

P.S. This Rocker Switch, it will break, and if it breaks while the engine is operating, the engine will not stop until the unit runs out of gas or you mess with the carburator

Update: They finally sent me the correct part. However now the unit will not start. Drained and refilled gas and oil, new spark plug. Nothing. They want me to pay a fee of $79 upfront for their guy to determine if this is covered under their warranty. The warranty makes no mention of this. The $80.00 filing fee for small claims court looks like a better deal

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Website.

Comments

The soap switch might be considered an accessory under their logic. But not starting, especially during the first 90 days should be a no brainer warranty issue. The problem is their service is separated/compartmentalized from the store. They give you a part it has to be accompanied by a full fledged service order.

Don't know if true with this model but Generac used to make a lot of Sears Craftsman small gas engine products. Check for recalls and technical bulletins online. Craftsman is nothing but the name they put on products made/sold by Sears.

Double check the oil level. Too much oil can cause starting problems and/or get into the gas. Especially if it's the second fill of oil.

If it's under some kind of warranty follow through. Start asking for supervisors. Turn in to local Better Business Bureau. Some small engine products might check for free and/or be authorized service locations.

Good Luck

SearsCares
Sears Response

Maxshimani,

My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to your to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to see that you having such a disappointing experience with your pressure washer. . We can see how frustrating it is to receive the correct part and the pressure washer is still not working properly. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the pressure washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Maxshimani) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.