4.3

Purchased a patio set in mid-May, happened to check the price a few days later to discover it had gone down by over $30. So I submitted a price protection request online. Hadn't heard anything in nearly a month so I contacted them.

Because I had used a "surprise" 10% code they sent in my email (which BTW- was valid the entire month and would have been valid had I waited a few days to purchase at the lower price) and $25 worth of SYWR points to get the price down, they wouldn't match the price.

Those $25 points I got because I signed up for a paper subscription locally and that was a 'reward' they offered as a bonus for signing up for the paper. Those points were valid through the end of June.

So instead of giving me back my $33, they told me that since I was such a savvy shopper I'd already gotten the price down by $34 and they wouldn't match it. Wish I'd just waited 6 more days to buy the set.

I am a pretty loyal customer (we amazingly do not have Target or Wal-Mart in my town - only a Kmart - and I like their clothes for my kiddos and can find some reasonable prices at times). They're probably going to lose a loyal customer over $33. I'll be driving to the next town to shop at Target from now on. Target is beyond reasonable with their price match and return policies. And free returns online so I don't even have to drive back to the store if I change my mind!

Bye bye Kmart and Sears.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments