4.3

Purchased a patio set in mid-May, happened to check the price a few days later to discover it had gone down by over $30. So I submitted a price protection request online. Hadn't heard anything in nearly a month so I contacted them.

Because I had used a "surprise" 10% code they sent in my email (which BTW- was valid the entire month and would have been valid had I waited a few days to purchase at the lower price) and $25 worth of SYWR points to get the price down, they wouldn't match the price.

Those $25 points I got because I signed up for a paper subscription locally and that was a 'reward' they offered as a bonus for signing up for the paper. Those points were valid through the end of June.

So instead of giving me back my $33, they told me that since I was such a savvy shopper I'd already gotten the price down by $34 and they wouldn't match it. Wish I'd just waited 6 more days to buy the set.

I am a pretty loyal customer (we amazingly do not have Target or Wal-Mart in my town - only a Kmart - and I like their clothes for my kiddos and can find some reasonable prices at times). They're probably going to lose a loyal customer over $33. I'll be driving to the next town to shop at Target from now on. Target is beyond reasonable with their price match and return policies. And free returns online so I don't even have to drive back to the store if I change my mind!

Bye bye Kmart and Sears.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of garden shoal dining set and associated monetary loss in the amount of $33. Sears needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned garden shoal dining set in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments