Layout of Store

I read reviews before going to Sears and thought they must be exagerating but NO.It will be difficult for me to sum up my experience here but I must try.

From the purchase to the delivery and set up (my washer is now sitting in the middle of my living room) to the call center that is on the other side of the world from me, this has been the WORST experience of my life with any store. I should have gotten a clue when I walked in to an empty store. Seriously, there was nobody else in the whole Sears store that I could see. After the sale I was left to deal with the call center which must be located over seas.

I believe they will tell you anything to get you off the phone and leave you to wait and wonder if and when someone is ever coming to install. Let's back up a bit to the purchase. I bought a W/D. I was also sold stainless hoses, a washer drip pan in addition to a take away charge and a 4 prong plug (they said they couldn't use the one I have).

My appt is set and I recieve a text stating the driver will call me 30 min prior to confirm. I wait at work for the call for my 11-1pm window. No call. I call, "oh they are running late" I am told this 3 times until I call at 630pm and then I am told they came out 5 hours ago and no one was home and I am scheduled for 4 days from now.

REALLY? So I fight on the phone for about 2 hours and finally get an appt for two days later. One of the things they sold me at the original point of sale was a drip pan for my washer. Soooo.

They arrive on Friday, my second afternoon off work, and inform me that they do not install the drip pans, they only bring them. Also, the *** installer couldn't get the old hot water hose off and told me I would have to hire a plumber to have this done and also have the hole drilled for the pan to fit over the existing drain hole. I am 55 and a single mom and sorry, I don't have a hole saw handy!!! It would have been nice to know this needed to be done!!!!

NOW, he says, we will leave your washer here in your living room and you need to hire a plumber to get the rest done. BYE. And they leave and mind you they took my old washer and dryer with them. SOOO I call a plumber and pay a ridiculous amount for them to do these two things and call Sears and tell them I need to have someone come back out and finish the install and they say "OK great you are on for tomorrow you will get a call with your time window." I did not get a call and at 930pm I call and they say "We have no record of you".

This results in ANOTHER 45 minute call and most of my evening. I don't know about any of you that might be reading this but I am a reasonable person and this has just been an absolute nightmare. I can see taking an afternoon off to take delivery, but having a 3rd and 4th appointment is beyond what is appropriate. I used to think Sears was an iconic store but I don't see them being around much longer.

Bottom line.

I will NEVER buy anything from Sears again.They are a dinasaur stuck in the past and sadly are just no longer relevent.

This person wrote the review because of "all of the abovw" of kenmore washer dryer from Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1700 and wants Sears to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was it was the worst. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Comments