I ordered Christmas tree storage boxes from Sears. Almost immediately, I found them for a less expensive price on-line at Amazon.com. I went on-line to Sears Customer Support and was filling out the cancellation info when their 'Live Chat' person came on-line and asked why I was cancelling.

I said I found the boxes for less. She asked me who the seller and price were. I typed all of this

information in the chat window.

She said Sears would match the price and, in addition, give me and additional percentage discount.

She said to fill out their form for the matching price and I would receive these credits.

I did so immediately and thanked the 'Live Chat' person for the help.

I copied the entire chat window conversation and emailed it to myself so I would have it

for future reference.

Two months came and went and I never received the credit for the price match

and the additional discount.

I emailed Sears Customer service and copied into the email the copied live chat session where I was promised the matching price and the additional discount. Sears response to me was that they did not honor 'Third Party Sellers'. Thus, I would not received the matching price and additional discount credit.

I wrote them back saying they should honor their agent's promise. They once again refused.

I was stuck. I think this treatment was unethical and dishonest. I cancelled my Sears credit card,

and will endeavor never to shop at Sears again.

Comments

nikalseyn

welcome to the wonderful world of Sears.