My mother and I went into Sears to replace an appliance and were told there was a promotion going on but were NOT told that if the appliance wasn't paid off at the end of 12 months all that interest would be put onto my card.

I have always made my payments to Sears but these unknown interest charges caused my card to go over the limit and make the payment higher then I am able to pay at this time.

Called to work it out with Sears and they are unwilling to work with me but are calling and harassing me every other day about payment when I have specifically told them I can't pay this amount due to THEIR salesman omition of facts about the promotion.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 07, 2009.

Comments

Read before you sign anything! Hasent anyone ever told you that!

Kent, England, United Kingdom #53352

There are new regulations coming out in 2010 which affect 'same as cash' promotions for this very reason .Too many are simply not informed of the higher interest and interest on the entire balance/principal if not paid by the end of the promotion .

On one hand more questions should have been asked by the customer but a conscientious salesman should have explained the no interest promotion to the customer in more detail .But that's what seperates the professionals from the ignorant .