109 views
Verified Reviewer

Update by user Oct 18, 2020

As of this date (October 18, 2020) the case has been resolved unsatisfactorily. After numerous emails and phone conversations with Sears employees they informed me that they could only refund me $186.87.

They had the audacity to pro-rate a non-valid Protection Agreement. I paid $354.07 for the Protection Agreement on April 11, 2019. I never attempted to use the Agreement until August 17, 2020 when I asked a Sears Lawnmower Technician if I would receive a 20% discount for a new lawnmower blade. That is when I learned that the Protection Agreement was invalid because I did not purchase the Craftsman Riding Mower from Sears.

So, in essence, I was being penalized for not using an invalid Protection Agreement. I asked the Sears employee why I am only receiving $186.87 instead of the full amount paid.

She responded that is how the computer calculated the refund and it cannot be handled in an override. Lesson learned: Do not trust Sears for contracts and many other items for that matter.

Update by user Sep 18, 2020

My issue with Sears hasn't been resolved. It remains open and I'm waiting for some kind of response from Sears.

As of today, Sept. 18, 2020, I haven't received a refund or reply.

Original review posted by user Sep 18, 2020

Im sending this message to cancel my Repair Protection Agreement. On April 10, 2019, I purchased a Craftsman Lawn Tractor from Lowes Hardware store.

I contacted Sears Protection Agreement Dept. and asked if I could take out a Repair Contract. The person I spoke with said yes and told me how much it would cost. I paid for the Contract and it was mailed to me.

Yesterday (August 17, 2020) I was scheduled to have my lawnmower tuned up. I requested to have a new blade which I would have to pay for. I mentioned to the Technician that since I have a Contract, I should receive a discount on parts.

To my amazement, he said my Contract isnt valid since I purchased the tractor from Lowes and not Sears. He doubled checked with his manager and was told that the Contract isnt valid and that he would contact the Protection Agreement Dept.

and request a refund for me. This morning I spoke with Rita in the Protection Agreement Dept. and she said Ill receive a complete refund, but I must go through the Cancellation Dept.

I tried calling the Cancellation Dept. but the Hold time was so great I followed the instructions to request a refund by mail.

User's recommendation: After this experience, I would suggest that shoppers think twice before interacting with Sears. This company has deteriorated over the past couple years.

Location: 3825 Forsyth Road, Winter Park, FL 32792