Verified Reviewer

Resolved
1.2

Update by user Oct 18, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement. After contacting executive office via email and complaints on various social media platforms member of executive office called me and arranged for a replacement dishwasher. Not really resolved until I receive dishwasher and it is installed and working..

Original review posted by user Sep 17, 2021

I have and have had for many years Protection Agreements that covers eight appliances, one of which is a dishwasher. I had a yearly maintenance visit on Friday Sept.

10,2021 for all of the appliances. The control panel needs to be replaced on the dishwasher as per tech- It kept dislodging (but continued to work ) which prompted me to schedule the maintenance visit in the first place. The technician said that it needed to be replaced and that I would be contacted by Sears but I was not. He also said that if the part has been discontinued then I would get a new machine.

I called Saturday Sept. 11, 2021 and was informed that the part was not covered: "repair wont be covered due to abuse/misuse of the product "and the service ticket was closed. I found out that the ticket was closed only because I CALLED. The control panel was not damaged, misused or abused.

I called again on Sept 11,2021- the rep could not find the technician's notes; insisted that he needed to send another tech out; then found the notes and he verified that the part was indeed covered . On 9/16/21 when I called I was then told that part was not covered due to "accidental damage" not misuse or abuse...which one is it??? Accidental damage was determined ,as per Rep (after I asked) by the pictures that the tech sent to Sears. You have to pull the handle that is part of the control panel in order to open the machine.

I've done this for 15 years on this machine. As of 9/13/21 the dishwasher is no longer working the panel is completely off and sitting on my table. Below is the email from SEARS that I received on Sept 16,2021 stating that part is not covered: Hello,

We have received a request to review your recent repair on your dishwasher. Upon reviewing, we determined repair wont be covered due to abuse/misuse of the product.

Your protection agreement provides you 25% reimbursement for non-covered repair completed by Sears Tech. You can schedule service with our tech and we can apply 25% discount towards that repair.

CONTRACT EXPIRATION: 2/12/2022

User's recommendation: Do not buy protection agreements from SEARS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Master Protection Agreement Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Sears Pros: Usually have quality appliances and decent prices.

Sears Cons: Refusal to replace faulty equipment, Sears failure to honor warranty, Incomptetent reps.

Comments