2.0
Ease of Use

We purchased and had installed by Sear's certified plumbers, a new 50 gallon natural gas residential water heater in 2014. In 2017, it stopped working, tried to get the pilot relit by following instructions, but malfunction code came up whereupon the frustration begins.

I called Sear's home maintenance and they could only send a technician out in two weeks time. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE as this is four days before Thanksgiving with guests coming into town. I asked if I could hire a plumber to come in and repair and send them the bill. They said that is not allowed as the warranty would become null and void, at which point I was ready to forgo the warranty.

All this took two calls where I was on hold for 35 minutes the first time and was hung up on and the second time for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I called a couple of local plumbers and found that they cannot get parts for Kenmore as it is proprietary and only Sears certified folks can get the parts. We ended up buying a new water heater at $1,700 and will NEVER buy Sears again. I have been a faithful customer for over 20 years, all of our appliances are from Sears, but no more.

Now I know why they are going bankrupt with service like this. This is a scam...get customers to pay extra for maintenance, and when you need it, they can't perform driving their customer to remedy elsewhere, voiding the warranty and Sears pockets the money.

Review about: Sears Home Services Water Heater Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Staff were helpful.

I didn't like: Inability to resolve minor repair in timely manner.

Comments