1.8
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have a protection agreement on my hot water tank.On Sunday I called the service department telling them that the hot water tank was not working and was leaking water.On Tuesday the service man came out and told me I would need a new tank and he would order it.

He then said withing 24-48 hrs I would hear from someone to set up installation of new tank. It is now Friday and no new tank. All I hear is it will take 24-48 hours for someone to contact me. Only one phone call was actually received from anyone from Sears.

All communication was from me calling them. So far they have not been able to find a installer in my area and then I find out they are calling people in Pa. and they cant install in Ohio without a Ohio license. I live within 1mile of Mentor and 25 from Cleveland and they cant find an installer.

Something is wrong with this picture. I have had contracts with Sears for around 40 years and have never had this problem. I have always been able to call tell them the problem and when repairman comes he usually has the part on the truck ready to install. I have been without hot water for almost a week now and nothing has been done.

So much for protection agreements. They have become worthless with Sears.

Expensive and worthless.There is no excuse for being without hot water for almost a week and the service department is calling repairmen 85 to 100 miles away when there are repairmen within a mile to 25 miles away.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about repair from Sears was warranty replacement availability Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments

North York, Ontario, Canada #1256838

People seem to have the same issues with regards to repairs and Sears. I wonder whether the problem is that Sears do not pay decent remuneration for repairs, hence the difficulty in finding repair persons.