Just finished reading "sears tech" post and it could have been written by me..Spent from May through August without refrigeration from 2 year old Kenmore Elite very expensive refrigerator.Given a complete runaround re: misdiagnosing problem, delivery of parts, appointment scheduling, etc.

When I asked about their so-called "lemon law" they kept upping the ante about requirements. "you have to have four replaced parts within 12 months, the part has to be functional, etc, etc." Even though I had the same problem since 2010, I did not qualify.. If I were to use a different repair company,I would void the warranty! I have an all Sears appliance new kitchen -I am stuck.

Never, ever, purchase from Sears. They are dishonorable, cannot diagnose problems and leave you without a refrigerator for 8 weeks during the summer with a houseful of grandkids, and guests. Never buy their protection agreement-they will keep upping the ante to prevent replacing the appliance.The tech support is non-existent, the service tech is a ***.

I finally insisted that the computer brain needed replacement, along with the brain of the technician!Six service calls later,and I'm sure this refrigerator will fail again quite soon.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Do like I did--sent my shredded Sears Credit Card to the CEO in Chicago with a letter typed in microscopic print that basically said I'd never do business with them again (after spending over $4000 on Kenmore appliances). Got calls from CEOs office for days but I refused to answer--I am done with Sears (and BTW, don't shop at Kmart either since it belongs to same company that owns Sears).