West Nyack, New York

Just finished reading "sears tech" post and it could have been written by me.. Spent from May through August without refrigeration from 2 year old Kenmore Elite very expensive refrigerator.Given a complete runaround re: misdiagnosing problem, delivery of parts, appointment scheduling, etc.

When I asked about their so-called "lemon law" they kept upping the ante about requirements. "you have to have four replaced parts within 12 months, the part has to be functional, etc, etc." Even though I had the same problem since 2010, I did not qualify.. If I were to use a different repair company,I would void the warranty! I have an all Sears appliance new kitchen -I am stuck.

Never, ever, purchase from Sears. They are dishonorable, cannot diagnose problems and leave you without a refrigerator for 8 weeks during the summer with a houseful of grandkids, and guests. Never buy their protection agreement-they will keep upping the ante to prevent replacing the appliance.The tech support is non-existent, the service tech is a ***.

I finally insisted that the computer brain needed replacement, along with the brain of the technician! Six service calls later,and I'm sure this refrigerator will fail again quite soon.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Comments

Do like I did--sent my shredded Sears Credit Card to the CEO in Chicago with a letter typed in microscopic print that basically said I'd never do business with them again (after spending over $4000 on Kenmore appliances). Got calls from CEOs office for days but I refused to answer--I am done with Sears (and BTW, don't shop at Kmart either since it belongs to same company that owns Sears).