I purchased a wall oven from Sears. The installer said the existing space was not tall enough.

I had a handyman here who immediately began to make the adjustment. The installer said he had other installations in the area and would return to install the oven before leaving the area. He left the oven in my driveway. I placed 2 calls to him which he did not answer before calling Sears delivery.

Sears called the installer's supervisor - no answer; then the installer - no answer. While Sears is relating this to me the installer calls me to say he is on the other side of town. They want to offer me next day installation. Not possible.

I talk to 3 different Sears reps. They offer me gift cards of $50.00 - $300.00 but never a satisfactory installation date. I tell Sears to pick up the oven and refund my monies. Pick up scheduled for Tuesday between 4 - 6pm.

Surprise! No one picks up the oven on Tuesday. I talk to 2 CSAs on Tuesday. The final was another manager who again promised to escalate to the opening manager, who would call me on Wednesday.

Did not happen. I have spoken to 3 different Sears representatives today, before 11 am CST. The oven is to be picked up 9/24. We'll see.

The saga continues. I will never make another purchase at Sears.

The sales representative was excellent and knowledgeable, but if you cannot walk out of the store with the item, you are doomed to a black hole of contractors, who have no allegiance to Sears and customer service representatives who have no skin in the game. I'd prefer to dig a hole in the ground to bake than be subjected to this level of ineptitude.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Sales Representative.

I liked: Instore sales person.

I didn't like: Customer support.

Comments