Layout of Store

On September 7, 2015 I ordered a Serta Perfect Sleeper Quiet Oaks Super Plush Pillowtop Queen Mattress and Box Spring (Order #837664323) from www.Sears.com. Upon arrival on September 17th the Queen Box Spring would not fit up our stairs (we live on the 3rd story of an old Victorian).

So the delivery team put the box spring back on the truck since they couldn’t even get it upstairs. They advised me to contact the Home Delivery department to order a Split Queen Box Spring so it would fit up the stairs. I had problems reaching anyone that would help me but I finally got a call from someone on 09/22/15 who said they received my paperwork and could process the purchase of a Split Box Spring. I told her which model number I wanted and she proceeded to order it.

Mind you, during this whole time, I had not received a refund for the original Box Spring ($143.44) that would not fit up my stairs…The representative orders the split box spring for me and emails me a receipt which I have attached here. The new box spring was $233.75 (SALESCHECK # 099118673910). The lady’s email address it came from is: vlowery@searshc.com. She scheduled the delivery for 09/26/15.

That day they brought in the split box spring and it was able to get up the stairs. We didn’t have them set up the box springs because we just bought a new bed frame from IKEA and still had to put everything together. However, once we finally put our bedframe together, we found out that we actually didn’t need a box spring at all and adding the box spring to the bed made it very high. So I called Sears back and asked them if I could just return the split box spring since we didn’t need it.

On 10/22/2015 they ended up coming and picking up the split queen box spring. That same day I got an email saying they refunded me $143.44 but the problem is, that is the amount for the original non-split queen box spring that I ordered on 9/7/2015 from Sears.com that wouldn’t fit up my stairs…I waited a billing cycle to see if maybe the $233.75 would be refunded at a later time. Unfortunately it wasn’t…Thus began my endless cycle of reaching out to multiple people to try and get a refund for this second amount. I have ZERO box springs from Sears, EVERY SINGLE BOX SPRING (which is 2) have been returned to their warehouse.

I started a Chat room conversation and asked them to refund me but they said I had to call to get a refund. So I called some number they gave me and no one was helpful, they were just running in circles. Finally they said they were able to submit for the return and I would get a confirmation email within 24 hours. Instead I get a phone call from some guy saying that he got the request to refund my MATTRESS and wanted to know the story.

I told him that it was not in fact my mattress; it was for the split queen box spring in the amount of $233.75 that was returned on 10/22/15. He said he had to reach out to the store in Texas because apparently the lady who called me originally to order the split queen box spring worked in Texas and he had to confirm with them that they ordered the box spring since it wasn’t done online…Okay, sure, whatever, I’ve been jerked around many time before but maybe this guy is finally going to help…NOPE, I have never heard back. On 2/7/16, I started the BBB Complaint process but I saw that there was an email address: CustomerRelations@searshc.com to try and contact first. Since I had not tried this avenue yet, I figured hey, I will give Sears one last shot to redeem themselves and try to find someone to help me so I emailed them a similar message to what I have explained to you here.

On 2/8/16 at 4:31pm I received a voicemail from a lady named Sandra referencing Case #4034105, her number was 888-266-4043 extension 48. I called her back at 4:58pm and left a voicemail. I have not heard anything back since that date and I will not be trying again, I am no longer going to chase them around for a resolution. I submitted a BBB complaint and now I am submitting one here.

We will never buy from Sears again and as soon as our credit card is paid off, we will be canceling the card.

STAY AWAY FROM SEARS.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $234. This person is overall dissatisfied with Sears. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments