Dryer quit heating.Had service person look at it for $129.

Decided to purchase new dryer - changed mind within 5 minutes. Service person - young man from Villa Rica/Douglasville, GA area, got on his phone with his tech manager - had conversation - asked how he was supposed to take change off his computer - after conversation, technician and I discussed how he ordered parts (we had not paid for them yet), how parts would be delivered - how Sears would call to set up repair date. 3 weeks later - no parts - no service call - no nothing. Husband called customer service - no parts ordered - customer declined service.

No mention on their computer of how customer changed mind within 5 minutes of declining service. After 3 more calls on same day - final call being the number listed on this site; we got parts ordered, service day set up, and was told that there would be no more cost. Great! Today service to dryer was supposed to happen.

Same service tech called to make sure I understood there would be a $70.00 cost. I said no because of call mentioned earlier. He had to call his tech manager - tech manager called customer service - customer service called me in the iterim - said I would have to pay the cost, but I would be reimbursed by Sears - could not provide anything in writing (email) that would confirm this agreement. I called technician to let him know what was going on - during this conversation, he basically said that once I declined service initially, he could not do anything else.

My question to him was "Why didn't you tell me that in the first place?" He said he did; so in essence, he is saying I made up all the details of initial service call. This family will not do business with Sears ever again. I now understand why Sears is having financial trouble and why so many people have complaints about them. It is sad that such an old company cannot treat customers better than this.

I will not tolerate others basically saying I lied about an event that took place. Customers are not always right with Sears, so maybe someone else will appreciate our business more.

I will say that I have been a faithful customer with Sears for more than 30 years.They are great for saying sorry, but they are not great with communication and honesty.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALESPERSONS NAME. DEMAND THEIR CARD. GO TO ANOTHER STAFF PERSON TO GET THE NAME OF THE OFFENDER IF YOU MUST. TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. DO NOT STOP. DO NOT BE BRUSHED OFF. TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE THE JERKS JOB. THEY DESERVE TO BE FIRED OR THEY WILL KEEP ABUSING PEOPLE AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT AFTER.

I AM A FRIENDLY, POLITE, KIND CUSTOMER BUT AFTER TOO MUCH NONSENSE AND ABUSE I LEARNED TO TAKE ACTION AND STAND UP FOR MYSELF WHEN I AM ABUSED. I do this whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results. I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FIRED. THE MANAGERS WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE REPEAT OFFENDERS WITH MANY COMPLAINTS IN SOME CASES BUT I WILL BE RELENTLESS AND DEMAND THEY ARE FIRED IF THE ABUSE IS SERIOUS SUCH AS TELLING LIES ABOUT WARRENTIES, BEING NASTY OR MAKING SEXUAL REMARKS. BE A PITT BULL. BE RELENTLESS. REPORT THEM TO ANY CONSUMER CENTER AND ALL OVER THE NET. If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT. It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie, abuse and and treat customers like trash thinking they can get away with it. DO IT A FEW TIMES AND YOU WILL FEEL CONFIDENT EXPECTING THE BEST TREATMENT THAT EVERY CUSTOMER DESERVES. VOTE WITH YOUR $$$ AND BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT ABUSES OR CHEATS THE CONSUMERS. PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLY YOURSELF. THIS IS NOT A WAY FOR A MISERABLE CUSTOMER TO GET REVENGE. IT'S FOR THE POLITE, HONEST, DECENT CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN ABUSED ONLY.***