With Company response

Went to Sears on Sunday, February 12, 2012 to purchase an elliptical. We hoped to take advantage of the Friends & Family discount.

We were greeted by the Sales Consultant well enough. After a brief discussion, we selected the specific model, indicated the model to the Sales Consultant, and opted for the Service Agreement. It took over 20 minutes for the Sales Consultant to ring us up having to call back the Assistant Manager two times to get the discount information correct. Since the elliptical we wanted was not in stock, we had to wait until mid week to pick it up - they could ship it to the store but they could not ship it to our home.

When we picked up the unit, the box was much longer and heavier than we had originally been told when deciding whether to pay for Delivery. The box just fit into our vehicle. After wrestling the box out our vehicle at home, we discovered that the Sales Consultant had rung up the wrong product! We lugged the unit back down to the store the next morning.

Upon arrival, we asked to speak to the Store Manager. He was pleasant enough and understanding. He was willing to throw in a mat and free delivery to make up for the inconvenience. However, as he rang up the correct elliptical, he discovered that it was no longer in stock- anywhere - and that we would have to wait for another two weeks to receive it.

Non-starter. We stressed that they needed to come up with a creative solution real fast. The Store Manager just threw up his arms saying that he couldn't sell what he didn't have. We asked for our money back and received it.

Bottom line, Sears misrepresented the products they had for sale. Sears initial incompetence and ultimate incapability to resolve the situation to my satisfaction has convinced me to take my business elsewhere.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and it is very unfortunate that the item you originally wanted was out of stock. I can understand your disappointment. We do value you as a Sears customer and I do see that our Sears associate understood your frustrations and worked towards compensating you with the free mat and free delivery. These situations are unforeseen and we do our best to meet our customer’s needs. Thank you for your patronage, please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Stephanie L.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #432958

Sears fan is right,you cannot stock enough of every item our you are going to be broke.Example, you try to have stock enough based on past sales. But if you purchase 10 items and only 5 sell any profit you made is tied up in the 5 you did not sell, bad business.In todays economy you have to wait on some things.It is not business of old unless you want to go broke.And don't expect something for free, Im think Sears is doing a better job of not giving away things just because someone yells a lot as they did in the past.I have a neighbor who said he was mad at Sears because they refused to replace his washer because it was worn out and the bottom has rusted away and that was not covered under his agreement,Sears told him it was time to buy a new one,he was mad because they would not replace it for free,his washer waas 13 yeaars old, he told me this will be the first washer he has had to buy since 1975, Sears has always replaced it.I told him he has been lucky and its a new world now and how could Sears stay in business if they just replaced everything.Good job Sears, P.S. He bought a new one and from Sears.

Erode, Tamil Nadu, India #432599

It was friends and family night, things get sold out,it was not like they couldn't get the product for you.You just did not want to wait.The saame thing has happened to me at other stores, Target and also Home depot. It happens,the differents is Sears was going to give you something free for your inconvience,that does not happen at all stores.