With Company response Not resolved

On August 30, I found an advertisement for a GE dual fuel, 30" slide-in range with convection oven, offered for $429 on the Sears Outlet website.I printed out the page and took it to the Franklin Mills outlet store.

The sales person helped me find the range, confirmed that it was dual fuel, rang it up as dual fuel, and reminded me that I would need a 220 outlet, since I was replacing a gas range. I called the Sears Outlet and spoke to a manager who gave me the exact model number from the door of the range (GE J2S968TEK, which is a dual fuel range) so that I could download the manual and make sure my electrical setup was correct. I hired an electrician and paid $260 to have the electrical work done. When the Sears delivery came on 9/11, it turned out the range was all gas, NOT dual fuel!!

I had the range sent back and called the Outlet several times and was told they would try to find me a dual fuel range, but couldn't promise they would. I wrote to the manager a week ago and copied two SHO vice presidents, but I have not heard anything back. I'm sorry, but Sears HAS promised to provide me with a dual fuel range, through the contract of sale. I was assured I was getting a dual fuel range, and I spent a lot of money in detrimental reliance on getting a dual fuel range.

I have been without a fully-functional range for weeks now.

I have frequently shopped at Sears in the past, but I will not do so in the future unless this problem can be remedied.I hope I do not have to bring a deceptive advertising claim in Small Claims Court to get results!

Comments

SearsCares
#722042
Sears Response

cdjall,

Thank you for making us aware of your recent purchase experience. We definitely understand the frustrations when a new purchase does not meet your expectations. We would like to look into this matter with you so we can ensure that you are provided the service that we are known for. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the range was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (cdjall) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kurt M.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #721972

Dual fuel means natural gas or liquid propane. Not electric. Weren't you clued in when you saw the burners?

cdjall
to comeonnow Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #721985

No, dual fuel means the oven is electric and the stovetop/burners are gas. http://www.sears.com/appliances-ranges-dual-fuel-ranges/b-1202552187?sid=ISx20070515x00001a&psid=15x1326615&knshCrid=2206114&k_clickID=188235c9-91a9-eee8-d20c-000068cab68c&gclid=CLSuit2j6bkCFSgS7AodyhIAFQ