Chula, Georgia

I purchased (or attempted to) a treadmill on yesterday.The website said available for store pickup "in stock" at my local Sears store.

After several hours I didn't receive and email for pickup like I get from other stores I purchase this way from so I contact Kmart chat. The chat rep tells me to call the local Sears store so I do, but they tell me their server is down so they can't look anything up. I contacted the Sears Holdings corporate office to file a complaint and the phone rep would never allow me to finish with why I was calling, she just kept transferring me to other departments that couldn't help at all. All I wanted to do at this point was speak to someone to take a complaint.

No luck. Apparently they don't accept complaints. So I start posting on the Sears Facebook page when I noticed almost every post is of customers complaining. They tell me to call Sears today.

So this morning I wake up to an email saying the treadmill isn't in stock, but they already charged my card, and now they're telling me it will be 3-5 days before someone gets back to me. I want my money back so I can purchase from a competent store. Sears is a shell of the store it once was. They have thousands of complaints filed with the BBB.

The BBB still gives them a A rating because the BBB is all about money. I own a business and they hounded me for months to join for several hundred dollars per year before i threatened to sue them.

They offer other options to clear your complaints record for more money.I was told this by a local employee at the BBB.

Cheltenham, Maryland, United States #843065

File a dispute of the charge with your bank. That will get you your money back more quickly and cause Sears more problems.