Based on what the sales rep said, I thought I was signing up for a rent to own.Turns out the small print told a different story.

Paid just shy of $150/mo for 7 months on a stove that was initially priced at about $850. I started wondering why payments were still coming out of my account and called in. They told me I was just leasing it, and I had the option to either pay the full depreciated value of the stove or return it. If I hadn't called in, they would have continued to charge me nearly $150/mo for 18 months, with me thinking I was paying on a loan, and then still charged me for the stove.

When all is said and done, I will have paid over $1,300 for my $850 stove.Oh, and the stove sucks; half the time it won't light.

This reviewer shared experience about "scammed by sales rep" and wants this business to "i will never do business with you again" as the author lost $400. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about leasing from Sears was shady sales rep, being lied to and being scammed out of 400 dollars Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments