With Company response Not resolved

We bought a dehumidifier from Sears a year ago and now is being recalled by Gree.Sears does not handle the recalls for their customers so we have to deal with Gree on our own.

Even though they have our complete purchase record, Gree told us to prove of purchase we need to mail in the code labels that's tightly attached on the dehumidifier. Gree said If the stickers get torn than we won't get our money back!!! Plus it may take a couple months until we receive the check refund they said.

Comparatively Costco has the similar dehumidifier recall from Gree.

But Costco has much much better customer service.

Just to bring in the recall item and Costco offers instant full refund.Why can't Sears does the same for their customers?????

I bought most of my appliances the past 15 years from Sears but will be going to Costco from now on.

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #769541

Why don't you try one of your local mom and Pop appliance stores.You will get great personal service and I am sure,they will price match anything that Costco has.

We bought a freezer at our local appliance store and we still have that freezer many years later and got great service as well.

The local stores in your area need the patronage as well.Just a thought......

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear dolcegiocoso7,

We sincerely apologize for the confusion you have encountered with the dehumidifier recall. For many years we have worked hard to establish a reputation of providing superior products and services, it appears we fell short of the mark on this matter. My name is Brian L, I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. We would be more than happy to put you in contact with a case manager to provide further assistance in order to reestablish your trust and loyalty to Sears. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (dolcegiocoso7), to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we’re sorry for the repair difficulties and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian L.