We are completely remodeling our kitchen. Our house has been gutted for 7 weeks.

We ordered our Whirlpool dishwasher from Sears. It was delivered on January 6th; our contractor began installing the appliances today, January 28th. When the dishwasher was taken out of the box it looked as if it fell off a truck and rolled down a hill. It is damaged on all four sides.

I called the toll free customer service line and was told that they would not exchange it because they only take returns or exchanges within 72 hours of delivery. I ordered this item on-line and no where on my receipt does it mention this. I asked to speak to a supervisor who proceeded to tell me I was negligent for not opening the box immediately. What?

Excuse me? What happened to customer service? His name was Travis employee#878790. Travis doesn't have a last name; he said he was from South East Asia.

All I want is to exchange this dishwasher. It was $550 and we can not use it. I doubt it will even work.

We have NEVER had an issue with Sears. I can't believe they would actually allow their customers to be treated like this and be stuck with an expensive useless item.

Review about: Whirlpool Dishwasher.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Exchange damaged dishwasher .

I didn't like: Customer service, Appliance return policy, Severely damaged dishwasher delivered.

Comments