Southhampton, New York
With Company response Not resolved

On May 16, I received delivery of a refrigerator I had purchased online at refrigerator has 2 error codes on the water/icemaker display where the temperature should be.

The men who hooked up the refrigerator said they had never seen these codes before and I should call 1-800-SEARS-47. I called and spoke with a "technical specialist" who said that the refrigerator would need service. Since it was brand new, I wasn't going to have service performed and requested a new replacement. I was connected to the "delivery team", who said the first delivery date was May 20, 4 days later.

This was unacceptable to me, however, the supervisor at the delivery department said that was the earliest it could be delivered. I requested compensation for my inconvenience and time off of work, and was offered a maximum of $50.00 gift card. I told James that this was unacceptable and I would accept no less than 10% of the purchase price, or a gift card for $200.00. The supervisor stated that a $50.00 gift card was the maximum he could provide.

I do not feel that this is satisfactory for my inconvenience and I plan to contain to complain until my complaint is satisfactorily resolved.

Review about: Sears Replacement.

Sears Response

To Dforce732,

First allow me to apologize for the delay in finding this post. I’m very sorry to read about this issue with your new refrigerator. We certainly don’t anticipate issues with new appliances, and when issues do arise then we will absolutely set up a replacement for you. Sears does not carry stock of appliances, however. We order direct from the manufacturer on new purchases and replacements, and we are at the mercy of their manufacturing delays just like our customers unfortunately. This being said, you have most certainly been inconvenienced by this and we would like to step in and help with this. We do have some options that can make this right for you. My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this situation. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Dforce732) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Brian J.