With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Aug 27, 2013

We are very displeased with the "still existing issue" from the last message I submitted. When we posted on here previously we received a response from Sears A&E only to be given more runaround.

The lady I spoke with advised me that since I went through an extended warranty company, Sears was not responsible for the damage that was caused by their technician. They even noted that the technician admitted to breaking my door panel. They referred me back to my extended warranty company. They (the extended warranty company) advised me that if it was a pre existing issue, they would be responsible.

But since this damage was caused by a Sears technician, It is not their responsibility. Sears a&e is responsible for this problem. Your technician has admitted to breaking the part and advised that this would be fixed. Now since the part is no longer available in chrome/silver.

We have not been able to get this matter resolved. So, the initial problem that we called to have serviced was fixed; but because of the damage to my door panel, i am unable to use my ice maker, which is the part that he fixed. On 08/16/13 I spoke with my extended warranty company who talked with a sears a&e representative who advised her that she would have a manager call me with in 48 hours. Today is 08/27/13 still no response.

This is a company that advertise on commercials how they care about customers. Is this the type of customer service that you all provide. I am hoping to resolve this without having to seek legal help.

My refrigerator is a very important part of our everyday living..

I have done everything I know how to resolve this with Sears and I have not been successful. It's not an issue with the extended warranty company because your technician broke my panel. There was nothing wrong with my panel until the technician broke it. We have been told that we need to accept a different color panel...

We will not do that. Our refrigerator was one color before your technician entered my home and we do not accept that you want to put mix match parts on our refrigerator, because of a problem your employee created.

I am asking that a manager from Sears resolution team call me back.

This is a 30 day notice before we seek further action. Thank you.

Original review posted by user Aug 14, 2013

We had a "service technician" come out to repair the ice maker at the end of June 2013. In the process of the technician fixing the ice-maker, he broke the front panel on my refrigerator door.

He tried to leave without saying anything about the broken part; but i noticed the piece sticking out, hanging, not sealed with a big gap between the panel and the door.When I questioned him about the broken part. I was told don't worry about it, we will replace, at no cost to you. At the time,I had no reason to doubt him. But now, I am going through pure *** because of an issue that your employee has caused me.

My wife and I have been disrespect and given the runaround by several sears personnel and we have done everything to be patient and decent about this problem. We were told by a supervisor and other techs that the part is no longer available in stainless steel. But we continue to get service calls to install a different color panel. How insulting is that?

Your employee comes into my home, break my refrigerator panel and sears want me to accept it and have a mix match refrigerator because of your tech mistake. Is this really the type of service Sears provide. This event happened well over a month a ago and I've been given nothing but the runaround by everyone I communicate with at Sears A&E . I've talked to several departments, but never received any type of acceptable resolution .I've been hung up on more than three times.

when i request a manager, i'm put on hold and the phone line just goes dead on several occasions. As I said previously,The part for the refrigerator is no longer available in the color for my appliance. Sears told me, I have to take the black or white color panel or nothing. I have explained to the customer service personnel that my appliance panel wasn't broken and it was stainless steel before your service tech came onto my property and broke it.

I will not be forced to accept a different color because of your employee mishandling. I spoke with a lady named Diana on 8-12-13, who was real nasty and talked to me like I was the problem and I requested to speak with a manager. She told me, no, I could not, she was the only person I could deal with. She's not the first employee of that company to tell me that and they either transfer me to someone else in the same department or hang up on me.

I thought I was getting somewhere at one point, I was transferred to Sedgwick and was given a claim# and the rep said this issue would be reviewed. I received a call back from Chris @ Sedgwick on 8/12/13 and was told that they couldn't get involved since there was no damange to my property. He stated that Sears knew this and should not be referring issues like this to them. He advised me to call Sears back .

He gave me a number to what I thought was a resolution department, but again, I was treated and talked to like I was bothering Sears. I contacted the phone# 888-246-3752 and a rep transferred me to Heather, who told me she would email some managers in the local department in my area and give a detailed explanation of my issue. She stated, since it was early in the day (8/13/13), I should receive a call no later than this afternoon. The day has come and gone and I have not received a call or email from anyone on this escalated issue.

I'm a very patient person and over the years in doing business with sears have never been treated like the *** of the earth. This was an issue that was created by one of your "technicians". There's more to be said about the service I've received, but I would prefer to speak with a live person that really want to resolve this issue in an acceptable manner.

Please respond immediately. Thank you

Review about: Sears Manager.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Bouvi1,

My name is David with our Sears Social Media Support team. I came across this post and wanted to reach out to you. We apologize for the situation with your fridge repair. From what you have written, you've been put through quite a bit of frustration over this. We would like the opportunity to get you in touch with a dedicated case manager to discuss this situation and address any other concerns you may have. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so we can help. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Bouvi1) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

David W.