called for service on fridge through Sears master protection agreement.Technician refused to do service unless I signed a damage waiver.

I had the fridge installed by Sears originally. I refused to sign and said I would contact Sears about the issue. After 2 days of being on the phone with multiple departments, supervisors and customer solution reps it was determined I did not have to sign the waiver per my protection agreement. A&E was directed to make the repair by a note added to my service repair number/slip.

I was still denied serviced without the waiver being signed. I was advised by a supervisor in the limitation of liability dept that nowhere in my contract does it require me to sign this waiver to get my warranty service work done. She then put me on hold to go talk with her escalations dept.(I have never had such rude and unprofessional service as I had from A&E including their district tech manager. I have owned a business before and being licensed and bonded and insured is part of doing business.) I have been informed by the limitations and liability dept.

after talking with the escalations dept that even though no where in my contract does not require a waiver form signature Sears or any of its service tech contractors will not do the service without me signing. I say that is illegal. Adding a legal document to a contract after the fact and requiring me to sign it to collect on services I have already paid for via the original contract is wrong. Its basic black mail.

I was informed I could ask for a refund and cancel my policy or sign the waiver to get services. In other words I am correct about not having to sign but if I want to collect on my service contract and get my fridge fixed I have to sign it. BLACK MAIL!

I am going to report Sears and A&E to every consumer/business freud agency and list I can find and contact my state attorney generals office.I am sure It's not legal.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of awful. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "extremely rude customer service and warranty contract issue" of sears repair. Sears needs to "to honor my service contract which does not include a damage waiver signature form/claus to get my service completed. businesses in the service industry such as repair carry insurance/ bonds to cover accidental damages which might occur" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears repair in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments