1.3K views
With Company response Not resolved

returned an item without receipt but gave the purchasers name and phone number.Item was in original condition and never used.

I won this item at a fund raiser and cannot use it. The item is a 209 cc roto tiller from 2011 stocked items. The item was stored and never used or serviced up. I wanted to use the credit at the store for items I could use.

I now have come up with the receipt but the clerk says it has gone beyond the 30 days limit for returnable items.I find this to be very wrong for the consumer/

Comments

Are you ***?Almost every retailer has this same policy for not returning items without a receipt.

Best Buy, Target, Sears I could go on and on. The reason they do this is so you can't steal something and then go in and return it and they would then pay you for something you stole...... Plus how are they suppose to know the price you paid, did you use a coupon? did you get it on sale?

did you have a gift card?

The list goes on and on again.At least at sears they can look it up with your phone number through their reward program as to where at target you are royally fed if you don't have a recipt.

Hey I have told at least 75 people never to shop at sears/kmart again.Two weeks ago i tried to return a $15.00 part unused for my husbands lawn trimmer.The manager actually sold the WRONG part to my husband.

Unfortunatly we had misplaced the reciept and had paid cash. All I was asking for was store credit towards a $100.00 paint purchase I was making. The cashier said there was nothing she could do. I asked to talk to a manager who said no and would not even come out of his/her office.

So I called customer service..still nothing didnt even take my name. So I promptly went home cut up my sears card and went to local paint store and and purchased $175.00 worth of paint and supplies.

Over the past year I have spent over $2500.00 at sears for personal and business items.Now sales will go to Walmart and local retailers.I cannot believe Sears is willing to lose a customer over $15.00..explains the state of your company.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Wldncooper,

Please accept our apologies for any frustrations you’ve encountered concerning the return of your rotor tiller. My name is Stephanie L. and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Our retail associate was correct in explaining our return policy. We offer refunds or returns within 90 days of purchase, however if your tiller is gas powered it can be returned, but within 30 days. We would like to get in touch with you and speak further on this situation. We do not like to see our customers inconvenienced and we do appreciate your continued patronage.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a “dedicated” case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the rotor tiller was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name Wldncooper you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Stephanie L.