Verified Reviewer

I placed a service call on 6/28/20 for my pro form stationary bike test I purchased on 12/7/18. The bike malfunction on 6/26/20 and I stopped using it.

I thought the bike was still under warranty so, I specifically asked the SEARS representative if I would have to pay for this visit and he told me quote “YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING”..so, I agreed to the service call on 7/6/20. The repair person NASON came on repaired the bike and told me I owe $181.00. I told him I thought it was no charge and he said it wasn’t and to call the office.. HE SAID the only way he could remove the charge would be if I had the person name & sears employee number.or some type of number.

I called the sears repair number again and asked who I had talked to 0n 6/28/20 and they wouldn’t give it to me..The person then said she would give me a $30.00 Gift card and I declined and asked to speak to a manager. The manager SHANE said she was sorry for the confusion and that I still had to pay, and that she would give me 20 percent off..

I declined her offer and said I would take this up with corporate...FURTHERMORE ...THE REPAIR PERSON SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THE PRICE BEFORE HE REPAIRED THE BIKE. Sears is a large corporation and to try to scam people out of money, especially senior citizens is RIDICULOUS !!!

User's recommendation: Always ask the service repair person that comes to your house, is there a fee before he performs any work.

Comments