Verified Reviewer

1.3

I do not know where to turn next. My Frigidaire oven which was purchased at Sears after my last one finally gave up the ghost after 21 years has given me nothing but issues since getting it in May of 2016.

I purchased the extended warranty and since Halloween, it has not been working. I had an appointment for November 3 and turned down 3 different substitute jobs (Im a retired teacher) In order to be available the full 8 hours required by your service department. I was then told my appointment would need to be changed. Making this change, cost me $130 in pay because of the cancellation.

I made a 2nd appointment for November 6, which is a no-school day for our district. The repairman could not find anything wrong with my oven, but decided to order parts to replace the convection fan. The initial issue was never addressed. The next appointment was set for December 2, which was NOT acceptable as I needed my oven for Thanksgiving dinner.

I was given an earlier appointment of November 19. At 6pm on the 18th, I was called and told the repairman would not be coming and that I would need to reschedule (to December 2). My son brought his smoker up and smoked our turkeys and after a 36 minute time for preheat, I was able to kind of heat the other casseroles (though they took twice as long to cook)! December 2 came and the repairman replaced the fan, checked everything and said I was good as new.

WELL, the oven still did not work to the way it should. 30 minute+ preheatwould NOT preheat above 400 degrees and so I called back. Appointment set for December 7, which was also cancelled at the last minute. I had a repairman show on the 8th (requested a different technician this time).

He was extremely thorough and found my broiler burner to be totally out. He also ordered a whole new computer board and various other parts. SOnext appointment set for December 31, AFTER CHRISTMAS!! SO now I have had Thanksgiving and Christmas without a properly working oven.

Fast forwardI received the element, but the other 4 parts have not even been shipped and apparently are on backorder until possibly February 1. SOtodays appointment has also been cancelled. I have asked for a replacement, but honestly, Im DONE with SEARS! My father worked in the paint department at Canadas Simpson-Sears until we moved to Phoenix, Arizona on November 22, 1963 because of my brothers health issues.

BUT, he taught us about integrity in a company and always bought Kenmore products or products sold by Sears. We have continued that tradition through all our married life (39 years). We are now done with Sears and will not ever purchase another product at Sears. Im so sorry to be saying this but my confidence in your company is absolutely GONE.

Ive asked for a replacement, but I cannot actually find the ONE oven that will fit in the spot in my kitchen. I am now looking at not having my oven working until sometime in mid-February. I will NOT renew my warranty and I WILL be replacing my products purchased at Sears at my earliest convenience

I realize this is a really long email, but I am so frustrated at the customer service coming from the Philippines. I want to talk to someone in the US.

Its a US company with a US consumer and a US product. I cannot understand them and they have set sentences that they say. I got 5 different people in the last 3 days (on hold a total of 5 hours in 3 days).

Ive easily spent at least 16 hours on the phone with Sears over the last 2+ months to no avail. I want a monetary compensation so I can order the range of my choice from another vendor.

Thank you for taking the time to read this (if in fact you even do).

Sincerely,

An Unhappy customer, Laura Scholten

(928) 242-****

ljsflute1@***.com

User's recommendation: Don't expect good service if you purchase the extended warranty from Sears!!

Sears Pros: Original warranty paid for the range i currently have.

Sears Cons: Dont buy, Tech folks speak broken english, Cannot get the same answer from any two techs, Cannot speak to anyone in us, Replacement impossible under guidelines they have.

Comments