Verified Reviewer

Had an appointment for a repair of my washer. The technician came out and I paid half of the cost and the part was ordered.

A week later on the day of my scheduled repair- Sears contacted me to tell me that my appointment was canceled. When I called to inquire I was told that I HAD REFUSED ADDITIONAL SERVICES. This is completely NOT TRUE. The man in the phone argued with me telling me that yes I did.

When I asked why would I pay for a repair then refuse to have it fixed??? He just transferred me 4 different times to the wrong department. I was on hold for over 20 minutes. Then they disconnected the call.

I called again and got transferred to another person who apologized and said he was transferring me to the Escalation Department because he didnt want me to have to pay any more money when it was Sears error. But again I got hung up on. In total I was on hold for 55 minutes between the 2 calls.

I called again when I finally found a number for the escalation department.. they admitted that the technician simply didnt show up and it was not my mistake.

Yet all the escalation department did was put in a request for a repair appointment- which I could have done myself. And when I asked are you still expecting me to pay the remaining amount due for labor? They said well,of course.

So Im expected to pay for labor that wasnt done and keeps me without a working washer for at least ANOTHER WEEK.

Not really sure what good that department is. Good customer service Sears.

If you want your labor cost- take it out of the paycheck of the technician and/or repair person who didnt show up.

User's recommendation: Stay away.

Preferred solution: Do not charge me for the labor .

Comments