Purchased a Craftsmen Cordless Electric Push Lawn Mower several years ago from the local Sears store. As usual, after time the rechargeable batteries wear out and need replacing.

I took it to the drop off repair at the Sear where I bought the unit. They told me that since it is electric that I had to have it repaired by Craftsmen not Sears. I was told at Sears that Craftsmen was not owned by Sears. But when I called the phone number they gave me I was talking to Sears.

Spent several hours on the phone being tossed around by different "Customer Service Reps" and "Case Managers", and finally a service tech. It turns out the design of this unit does not allow for the batteries to be changed by the consumer as they are housed internally. So the lawn mower has to be serviced by a technician. HOWEVER, you can't just drop it off at Sears to be serviced.

NO, NO, NO. I have to pay a lot of money (because it is not under warranty) to have this very heavy lawnmower shipped and returned by UPS - JUST TO HAVE THE BATTERIES REPLACED! You can drop off a gas lawnmower at Sears to be serviced but not an electric. We were not told any thing about this at time of purchase.

There is no other repair facilities that I can get this taken care of - they won't touch it - they say to take it back to Sears. Total Sears Fail - Entirely Unacceptable.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 13, 2015.

Comments