I called sears to let them know of the problem I was having with my washing machine.They said over the phone that it was the pump and ordered on and told me to call them when the part came in.

I called them and got an appointment 2 weeks later. The repairman came and installed the pump, but the machine was still not working. He then said it was the computer system and told me he would order another one and when it came in to call. The part came the next day and again I have another appointment 2 weeks out.

This is the third time I have had a problem with sears like this. The repairmen come out and never have parts on the machine.

It does not say much for their products if they are so busy with repairs.Will never again buy anthing or have a service contract with them either and will let anybody I know to stay away from sears.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

Currently on hold (23 minutes and counting) after a supremely frustrating experience with Sears repair service. The "supervisor" or whomever I was supposed to be transferred to, evidently hung up. This, after the following experience of "customer care:"

(1) My husband spent 30 minutes explaining to a barely-English-speaking rep that our combo washer and dryer was not draining water. (Provided all serial #s, etc.)

(2) We were given a date one week out for service, and told that we would require two repairmen to service the unit, based on its height (stackable) and the likely issue (pump). We were quoted a price of $129 for the two-servicemen visit.

(3) A single repairman shows up for the appointment, verifies that yes, indeed, two men are needed to service the unit, but alas, there is no one available.

(4) I can return tomorrow with another person, the repairman tells me: between 1 and 5.

(5) I call the service center to verify, and they respond that no, no appointments are available for AT LEAST another week (i.e., Oct 31). And they continue to tell me, in barely-comprehensible English, that it's my dryer that they show needs servicing.

When I ask to speak to a supervisor regarding what date two repairmen are ACTUALLY available (so as to have someone at home during the day) -- you guessed it -- I get the ten-minute hold and then the disconnection.

I don't even understand why Sears is using repair services that try to do the job on the cheap. From the bumbling service reps who would CLEARLY prefer to address clients in Spanish, to the hapless repairmen sent out to waste their time and customers WHEN THE SCOPE OF THE WORK HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED ...it's such a waste of time and money.

So now I'm stuck with a week's worth of dirty laundry, another week to wait to see whether the company gets the memo to send 2 guys this time, and no clue whether the pump can be repaired in one visit or not.

I know I will never, ever purchase any appliance through this company again. Their level of "customer service" speaks volumes. One more customer who will be sure to badmouth Sears at every opportunity.

Dear Lpedalino:

I'm sorry that your washer isn't working and that you are having to wait so long for a repair. We appreciate your business and would like to help you with this. Please keep in mind that our technician's are not able to keep parts on their trucks for all repairs. That said, we will do everything we can to help. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. Sears Social Media Escalations Team is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Lpedalino) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.