I purchased a Sears Craftsman walk behind self-propelled lawnmower in 2010 plus an extended warranty. It is model no 917.370680. The first time I took it into Sears for repairs was in 2011 because it wouldn't start.

This last time was on June 30, 2013. I took it back to Sears for repairs because I had the same problem...wouldn't start. I was told I would receive it back by July 18. Guess what...it's now July 25 and still no lawn mower. I called the Chesterfield Mall and the warehouse manager was no help. He keeps telling me to email. Guess what...the emails bring no response.

I have spoken with the Operations manager at Chesterfield Mall, the warehouse manager, warehouse worker, call center for repairs (800 number) and even emailed them....nothing. They can't tell me anything. I even tried calling another 888 number the store gave me, but no answer. The customer service people just say...it's not been assigned to be repaired. They are a joke....Where is my lawn mower and why has it not been repaired? I need an answer or a new one if this one can't be repaired to run. I bought this extended warranty in good faith. Where is the help?

Hopefully, this email will not take forever to get answered. I would like a response ASAP.

Comments

Abilene, Texas, United States #854575

I soon discovered this engine won't run if the temperature is cool [below 55 f]. It will fire off when a little gas is squirted directly into the carburetor, but won't keep running.

Also, I URGE EVERYONE to use a fuel stabilizer unless you want to spend the time to drain the gas tank , fuel line and carburetor between uses.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #687234

Dear Anonymous ,

My name is Dee M. with Sears Cares. We are very sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your self-propelled lawnmower and the length of time you have had to wait to have the repair completed. We will be honored to assist you and look in to this matter with you by contacting the repair center on your behalf and monitoring the repairs. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous 432848), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com . We value your business and loyalty with us and hope we can look forward to speaking with you soon.

Dee M