With Company response Not resolved

Update by user Sep 28, 2013

Sept 28, 2013:

Deafening silence from Sears. Their idea of responding to my complaint was to "establish a case number." Yeah, whoo-eee, a case number!!!! No action, no contact, no responses to e-mails, absolutely no follow-up of any kind except the response below from Liz, a Social Media Moderator with the Sears Cares Escalation Team, saying she would "reach out" to my case manager. How impressed are you?!?

This whole experience reeks of a DILBERT cartoon. A Sears Cares Escalation Team....really? Wouldn't it be great to have a job where you just have to offer platitudes online to a customer and then do a-b-s-o-l-u-t-e-l-y nothing? Well, that seems to be the new Sears profile. Zero action, zero respect for their (dwindling) clientele, and a ZERO rating from this, now former, customer.

Original review posted by user Aug 27, 2013

-First scheduled dryer repair: no show/no call

-Second scheduled dryer repair: took another week!

-Rebate for loss of my time: promised; not delivered for 10 weeks

-Third scheduled dryer repair when dryer broke again): 8am appointment turned into prolonged wait, finally they said it would be 2pm or 2:30pm before technician could arrive. At that point I cancelled, called a local guy who showed up less than 24 hours later and diagnosed the problem in minutes.

-Complaint letter to Sears Customer Service and CEO resulted in e-mail from SearsCares@CustomerService.Sears.com [what a joke!!!!] as follows:

"Thank you for contacting Sears Holdings Corporation and allowing us the opportunity to address your concern regarding your recent experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and we appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Please be advised your issue is being addressed and case 1549061 has been created. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email."

That was July 11, 2013. Today is August 27, 2013. I have replied to the e-mail three times without a response.

Sears used to be a reliable and respected name; now, it is seemingly a vague excuse for a business. If they cannot manage their repair service, they should GET OUT of it. I will never buy a Sears product again or use their service again. Period. Their arrogance and ineptitude are as legendary now as their good name used to be. Sad.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Srogers66,

I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your dryer repair. We can truly understand how important it is to have your dryer repaired in a timely manner. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States #708200

Oh how ingenuous was Liz R.'s reply?I'll tell you, they are not a bit sorry for your troubles.

If they were, Sears would fix the problem.I had the exact situation Srogers66 reported, even down to the timelines.

When I called I was told the escalation team could not help (would not?).

to DGl San Francisco, California, United States #708213

I told Sears in my complaint letter that if I got platitudes, excuses and/or no action, then I would strongly discourage others directly and via on-line forums from wasting their time with Sears.So, they are getting exactly what I promised, even if I didn't get what they promised.

:-)

Oh, did you know Sears' mission is to "serve, delight and engage members"?

OMG.

Rebekah_m5
to srogers66 San Francisco, California, United States #709428

I am joining you in completely discouraging anyone from ever using this company for anything.I have never dealt with such horrible service in my life.

The lack of actual service and complete disrespect is mind blowing!:(

srogers66
to Sears Response San Francisco, California, United States #713868

Hi Liz,

As a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team, what success have you had with my case manager? Have heard from no one, and it's now almost two weeks after you reached out. From the outside looking in, it's hard to accept that there is actually anyone doing anything....sorry, but that's how it feels.