With Company response Not resolved
3.0

Hi, I am a loyal sears customer for many years now. I had purchased Drill/Driver from tools section in New Brunswick, NJ and realized soon that I will not be using a cutter which is bundled with it as a package (which I also mentioned while buying, and was told that I could return within 30 days with no mention of restocking fees).

Later I found that sears is selling only Drill/Driver with lesser price which I purchased and return the bundled package. The return item had only box opened however none of the plastic covers were removed for any of the tools. I was told that since it can not be sold as a new, there will be 15% restocking fee applied.

This is strange and I never heard of such a fee in sears or any other stores before. I am also very disappointed in Sears and would be very careful in future.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Butler, Wisconsin, United States #922180

I also just wanted to return an item that was never removed from the box. Restocking fee was never disclosed when purchasing the tablet and was told it could be returned.

It was a Xmas gift and receiver didn't want it. Sears manager at the Brookfield Wi store was very unfriendly. We used to buy all our appliances there. They just lost another customer as I did not realize what a restocking fee meant and manager told me to Read receipt.

That does not disclose what and why. Very irritated and will never shop there again!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi there!

We don't like to see our members disappointed in us.

We want our members to always have trust in us.

If you ever need assistance or a simple question answered, please reach out one our social channels and we would be happy to assist!

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday-Sunday 8am-6pm CT to happily assist our member's with any issues they may have! Thank you, SearsCares