Herb S Wpz

| map-marker Lancaster, Ohio

Not received part

I ordered my part and paid for it and it was in stock but the delivery dates keep being bumped up and they give me no reason why they keep saying order in process it was suppose to arrive the15th of April then it was bumped to the 18th then the 19th then the 25th then the 26th and the last was the 29th but no reason why they kept bumping up the dates

User's recommendation: Don't order from someone who keeps bumping up delivery dates with no reason and they said it was in stock also

Rick B Pzd

Verified Reviewer

Service on my electric dryer

Sears - Service on my electric dryer

On feb 28th a tech came to my house and preformed diagnostic on my kenmore eleit electric dryer for the unit not heating. Found element good but a safety sensor bad.

Ordered a replacement part. 10 days later a different tech came and replaced the defective part. He left without informing me how it went .I checked and found out that the heating system still not working. I called sears and reported this and they scheduled a service visit two days later.

We stayed home all day and I received a text stating that the were hear with a picture of our house from summer time with flowers in full bloom obviously not a real visit as this is still March. Also I have a door bell camera as well as a ring camera in full view of our driveway. So to say the lease this is a deliberate lie and did not report that Hector ( the tech) was on his way. I called Sears service and was texted that the service was now between 4 and 6 pm.

Received another fake text that he was here and to reschedule another time. I tried calling the Sears service line but was totally automated and could not talk to a live representative. We paid over 389.00 without a dryer for over two weeks. I tried to reschedule but had to wait another 5 days before a date was available.

I'm totally angry because the second tech knew that the dryer was not heating because I saw him run the dryer and open the door and felt inside to see if it was actually heating. Left with the old part and did not tell us anything. I reported this to Sears service so I guess this is why I got the runaround with the follow-up service call.

A OUTRIGHT LIE THAT WE WERE NOT HOME BY HECTOR I. THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE PRACTICE BY SEARS SERVICE!!!

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Use a local reliable service company

Shari L Psc

Sears - Repair invoice - Image 3
Sears - Repair invoice - Image 4
Sears - Repair invoice - Image 5
Sears - Repair invoice - Image 6

I have had two different order numbers that are not open because it is now fixed by sears repairman. Longer story i just need an Invoice with both dates and charges paid for what their labor costs.

So my maytag/whirlpool warrenty people can reimburse me the amounts i all ready paid. I have copies of my checks but that isnt enough for the whirlpool company. The require an invoice. Plus both times the technitions said i would get an email but i never did.

Now i can not get a real person to take care of this.

On 03/20/2024Bronco J.

That order was 000842****01737

Then:

Eric 2nd tech came out on 04/02/2024. Order number. 000842****02760

I have check pictures. The second service guy required a photograph of my bank acct to show where 1st check was cashed.

But i still have no reciept or itemized invoice...That is all i want. An itimized Invoice.

User's recommendation: Do get service done without knowing how to get an invoice!

Michelle G Aiz

Verified Buyer

| map-marker York, Pennsylvania

Violation of Sears Master Protection agreement

Original review Jul 17, 2023

To whom it may concern,

Please see below notes and Sears Home Warranty File with additional information below Sears Timeline". 1) Sears violated their Master Protection plan back in 2014 when they did not replace the washer that was covered under their warranty that we payed for.

Instead, the technician requested $530.13 then $101.13??? Because we were overwhelmed with our 19 year old twins with I/DA and complex medical issues we failed to check the warranty. Please, by all means, check our records with Sears. According to the Sears Master Protection Agreement, it includes: a) Worry-free coverage that includes unlimited service with no hidden cost fees or deductiblesb) Service Promise which includes Well fix it on our first service visitc) Replacement Guarantee which includes If we cant fix it, we will deliver and install a new one2) Sears has failed to stand by their own warranty.

Sears owes us $419.78 for the current Sears Master Protection Agreement, we want to cancel that plan. Sears owes us the $100 deductible that we should have never been charged in the first place as our previous Sears Master Protection Plan did not expire until June 23, 2023. Sears owes us $249.95 for the Cinch Home Warranty which was $49.99 monthly for the months of March thru July 2023 as we already had the Sears Master Protection Agreement. We no longer want to do any business with Sears due to the ongoing communication issues, failure to deliver their promises per their Master Protection Agreement and because Sears Home and Appliances are no longer what they once used to be.

On Tuesday July 4, 2023 we purchased a Speed Queen washer/dryer. It was delivered from Longeneckers True Value in Manheim on Thursday, July 6, 2023. We paid $2753.88 which covered both washers/dryers that we spent at Sears in 2007 and 2014 combined. We will never buy another appliance from Sears again.

3) If Sears does not rectify this situation I will be sending all of this information to the following entities; the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission and the Attorney General for PA. Sears Timeline

June 23, 2020 - renewed Sears Master Protection Agreement for $393.99

January 22, 2021 - canceled February 2, 2021 repair appointment for dishwasher

February 2, 2021 - Repair appointment for Kenmore dishwasher

August 5, 2022 - Repair appointment for Kenmore washer

August 10, 2022 - Repair appointment for Kenmore dryer

December 1, 2022 - Repair appointment for Whirlpool microwave purchased via Sears Home Appliances

December 2, 2022 - Microwave parts ordered and shipped

December 9, 2022 - Sears is scheduled for microwave repair

December 9, 2022 - Sears rescheduled appointment to December 14, 2022 due to parts delay?

March 9, 2023 - Sears customer service talks us into a warranty by CINCH when we already have an existing Sears Master Protection Agreement in place? I was specifically told by customer service that our Sears Master Protection Agreement would remain in place until the expiration date of June 23, 2023 then the Sears Home Warranty by Cinch would go into effect.

March 10, 2023 - Repair appointment for Kenmore washer

June 20, 2023 - called Sears at 1-80*-***-**** to request repairs on Kenmore washer due to leaking, not emptying water, washer comes on byself with lid open and washer literally sounds like a jet plane getting ready to take off. Kenmore washer is located on second floor of home so this poses many issues especially since we have 2 adults withdisabilities and complex medical issues.

Customer service asks for credit card number for $100 deductible? Again, we were told that our Sears Master Protection Plan overrides the Sears Home Warranty by Cinch until the expiration date of June 23, 2023. I had no choice but to give Sears my credit card number as I was told they would not send out a technician. After the repair appointment was scheduled, I went on Cinch and cancelled that home warranty.

I was refunded $55.31. I then renewed our Sears Master Protection Agreement for $419.78 charged to our Visa ending in 0534.

June 20, 2023 - canceled Cinchh warranty (see file for notes and $55.31 refund)

June 20, 2023 - Renewed Sears Master Protection Agreement for $419.78 (See notes in file)

June 21, 2023 - I tried cancelling the scheduled repair online however it would NOT allow me to do so??

June 22, 2023 - Repair appointment for Kenmore washer. Technician explains that the parts are unavailable??? Technician explains that he will put a service repair order in forThe parts needed including but not limited to an interface.

Technician told us that he would be out on the Thursday June 29, 2023. We did not hear from the technician. On July 3, 2023 I once again called Sears to ask them what was going on? (SEE NOTES IN FILE FOR THE NAMES/DEPARTMENTS THAT I SPOKE WITH) I was given the run around.I was told to call the technician?

I called the technician that evening and he had not heard back from Sears at that point. I was told that Sears did not have the parts needed for The Kenmore washer in question?

July 7, 2023 - Surprise, Surprise, I get an email and a text from Sears telling me that the parts have shipped for the repair service.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run as fast as you can from Sears! Do not purchase their products or their protection agreement!

Debbie D Tsr

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Marion, Ohio

Return item

Sears - Return item
Sears - Return item - Image 2
I havent heard how to return the necklace from bonjour. They only send me my order info saying they sent the correct necklace. They did not. Attached is what I received, photo img_4121.jpg. Img_4122.jpg attachment is what I ordered. I have filed a report with the BBB. I thought going through Sears would be more reliable.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Can not get return to work
  • Can not get to a real person

Goretti T

Verified Reviewer

Item not covered anymore but was not informed about it

I have had a Maintenance Agreement Plan for over 30 years, when it has come to appliances being serviced I never had a problem. A TV that was included in my agreement stopped working, when I called to have it serviced I was at first told that there were no technicians in my area and that they would call me back, no call so I called again.

After several calls i was told that the TV was no longer covered, I was never informed about this (somebody dropped the ball) I was told to contact a third party which i prefer not to my agreement was with Sears plus after all this running around i don't feel confortable doing that. One technician finally said that i should have been informed and that Sears should replace the TV, it's been over 2 months and nothing. Every time I call I'm told something different and that somebody will call back and nothing.

After all these years with Sears I'm terrably dissapointed with the awful way I'm being treated, I expected Sears to honor the agreement and also return phone calls. I once again wait for a call that will probably not happen.

Preferred solution: My tv replaced.

Nefatali R

| map-marker Titusville, Florida

Difficulty with service

I have had a master protection agreement with Sears for many years. Unfortunately, I have literally spent hours (over 3 this week alone) trying to get the matter resolved.

The story in short.

Last year some time I called for service on my washer. Someone came, ordered parts came back attempted to fix it. They did not! It was leaking so bad it flooded the whole laundry room.

Called them back, sent someone else and the same thing was repeated. In October someone came and said it was irreparable and needs to be replaced. Called Sears, they didnt have the info. Called back Sears- they said they would look into it.

I called again the end of December (at that point the protection agreement had run out) and they said, they would replace the unit, but it was very busy with the holidays and would be resolved by Jan 10. It wasnt! Called back numerous times, got routed to at least 3-4 people. Got all kinds of excuses (the repairman is coming tomorrow- didnt show up, we are updating our system cant see anything in the screen, Im expediting- spoke to repairs, technical assistance, benefits.

Finally one kind gentleman named Frank sent me to the moments@***.sears.com but it just bounced back that you don't check that email. I also sent it to webmaster@***.sears.com

ncr@***.com

but got error messages.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Impossible to get help

User's recommendation: keep away

Debra P Blc

| map-marker Jersey City, New Jersey

Sear sold me a broken item

Sears - Sear sold me a broken item
Sear in Jersey city is go out of business and are selling customers broken merchandise that looks good in the box BUT when you take it home it doesn't work and they don't want to give you back your money I just bought a fan and it doesn't work and I paid $24.00 dollars for it and I would like to get my money refunded.

User's recommendation: Help your customers receive a refund for broken merchandise because they didn't get what they payed FOR

Jessica U Jxe

Trouble with Washing Machine Repair and Warranty

Updated by user Apr 21, 2024

It did not solve the issue. I’m still waiting for the parts. They have not approved anything yet.

Original review Apr 17, 2024
My washing machine has been broken for 2 months. The first set of parts failed to fix it.

They ordered more parts on March 24. I was told it was 4 parts. Only one has arrived. I was told on April 11 I should qualify for a replacement.

I was told it would take 2 to 5 business days. I called today April 18 that they have no clue when Ill get the parts or if Ill get them. They sent another request for replacement. They said they have no answer on when it will get approved.

I have already spent 400 dollars on laundry. Im in the process of hunting for a lawyer. I really hope you can resolve this.

I have a five year warranty. The machine is only a year and a half or so old.
Loss:
Cons:
  • You wait months for them to fix broken appliances
  • Service agreement not followed

Preferred solution: I just want them to honor my warranty and replace the broken washing machine.

User's recommendation: Do not use this company.

Rachelle M Fxp

| map-marker Liberty, Kansas

I had problems with my fridge a month after buying it and over 2 years later same 2 problems

The repair men just keep repairing it over and over but the 2 problems have NEVER gotten fixed! Its time for a replacement BUT how in the world do I get that done when you cant A) find the right phone # and 2) you cant talk to a person! Never ever will I purchase from Sears! Oh yea they dont exist because of their horrible service!

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere

Richard F Vdu

Resolved: I need HELP ~!~

You have required that I take two days of my vacation to wait for you to arrive to fix my dishwasher. Both days, you contacted me to during the day to cancel the appointment.

That's 20% of my annual vacation time wasted because of your horrible customer service. Question 1: WHY do you keep cancelling my appoiontments with no notice? Question 2: What is the status of the parts order? 3: What are you doing to fix this problem?.

It's been over a month and a half. 4. I am not waiting forever to get this fixed. Our agreement was fix or replace.

Since you can not fix it, I want a new dishwasher. This is the agreement we have .

You need to live up to your end of the agreement. I am very close to getting my lawyer involved.

Cons:
  • Horrible customer service for their home applicance plan

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't use them

Steve M Ctr

| map-marker Middleburg, Florida

478972****

Sears - 478972****

Purchased a work light at Lowe's. It worked fine for several months.

Took it back to Lowe's and they informed me to call sears. I did the guy took my information and gave me a number to call. I got a answering machine asking for information including my phone number. It said that I would receive a call back.

But that didn't happen. So after waiting for about two months I tried again. Same thing happened again. So I waited a couple months and this time I asked to be transferred because of the non response from the answering machine.

Well he did and sure enough I got the answering machine again. And believe it or still have not received a call. I feel as if this is just a way not to have to make good on warranty claims. By frustrating the customer to the point of just not being worth it.

It's really sad that there is only one person that you can talk to.

And that person tells you that he only takes the information and steers you to the phone that no one ever answers. It's sad that Sears has become such a unreliable scam of a company.

User's recommendation: Enough said

Debra M Sal

| map-marker Calistoga, California

Resolved: Cannot get dishwasher repair under warranty

Updated by user Feb 28, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered.

Original review Feb 15, 2024
I had a service repair order under my warranty for my dishwasher the day before my warranty expired. The contracted repair company didn't show.

I have since rescheduled twice, after explaining my dilemma. I was assured the tech would know it is still under warranty due to special circumstances. Both times the tech couldn't work on my dishwasher because the coding was incorrect and didn't reflect my situation. I have called every number I can and can only speak to someone in the overseas call center repair department, and even though they confirm they have fixed the problem they haven't done it correctly.

I live in Northern California. The last tech repairman that came today, 2/15/24 told me I need to speak to the warranty repair manager, Chris Glover. However, they weren't allowed to give me the phone number, and the phone call center based in the Philippines cannot help me connect. I need help getting my repair fixed now.

I have been a good customer for 20 years and cannot believe the runaround I am getting. Please contact me.

User's recommendation: Beware of Sears Warranty company

Teresa R Mwn

Resolved: My Sears gift card doesn't work

Original review Feb 24, 2024
I tried calling 180*-***-****, and 188*-***-**** but the number didn't work. Lastly, l called 180*-***-**** for gift cards on 2/23/24 to put in a complaint that my Teresa Robinson - Rollins gift card doesn't work, and l would like a refund of $100 or replacement card that works. Thank you here is my number 813643:2144. My gift card do not have an expiration date.

Dennis K For

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Unreasonable delay in repairing my washing machine covered under Sears' Warranty Service Contract

Updated by user Mar 25, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Mar 18, 2024
My washer started leaking water at the end of January this year and to date still hasn't been repaired even though 2 or 3 technicians have come and numerous cancellations on the follow up appointments. The number of appointments have been as follows--2/7/24, 2/14, 2/28, 3/5, 3/13 and 3/18!!! Just today we were told that there was no technician available to meet the appointment today and again have been rescheduled for 3/29/24! This has been totally frustrating and is unacceptable from an organization like Sears, who we have been patronizing for over 35 years. My order # is 000815****40124.
Loss:

Preferred solution: My washer repaired!

eligio m Gsz

Never received my package

Order on the 3/31/24 was supposed to be here on 4/8/24 today 4/10/24 they lost it got an email says it was delayed but nothing lost product

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Stay away

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article