2.5
Layout of Store

After reading dozens of reviews of this same problem I am convinced that I received a poorly made propane grill like so many others.The fire box which is the only barrier between the flames and the propane tank disintegrated into a pile of rusted flakes leaving a gaping hole through which flames can reach the propane tank.

This is a serious safety risk. I found online that Sears has admitted that this part rusts out prematurely and has even offered to replace the affected parts in 5 of these grill models. Unfortunately, they used the same cheap metal in more than 5 grills models. Mine looks almost identical to one of the covered grills.

In fact, the model numbers are only off by one number. My previous grill (not a Kenmore) lasted over 10 years before I sold it during a move.

I took excellent care of that grill too.Grilling a burger should not be like playing Russian roulette.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "repair the defective part at no charge or provide store credit for purchase price" as the author lost $350. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about kenmore sears gas grill from Sears was poor quality and lack of product support , but reviewer liked price. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

i had the same issue.My grill was only 14 months hold.

Un be known to me Sears knew they had problems with the grill model I purchased. The sales person during the purchase process said it was an excellent grill. I complained to the local store when the fire box rusted through. He was smug and wanted to sell me another grill that was made better.

I walked out of the store and will never purchase another product from Sears.

I drive down to Lowes and bought a new grill.Weber.