With Company response Not resolved

I ordered $500 worth of goods through what I thought was Sears but did not realized until after I hit "go" that I had actually ordered from one of their marketplace vendors. No big deal I thought...WRONG!

It has now been 2 months and I have yet to receive my merchandise - no communication from the vendor (they ignore my emails & phone calls) and Sears just says to contact the vendor.

Sears charged my card and I also used a Sears voucher.

I would stay clear of Sears.com - you will get no help from Sears if something goes south.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

#1382073

Ordered a promotion item from Sears, I thought, turned out to be marketplace.I was sent email saying my item was delivered on October 19, still not received.

I will contact marketplace and Sears to see what they are going to do. The marketplace: sold by HappyDeal-365.

Will not order from Sears or the marketplace again.Too many displeased customers.

Troy, Michigan, United States #1255666

At least my Sears account will get lower as I will not shop online at Sears.com anymore and their local never has any merchandise.

I agree. Sears marketplace is masquerading as Sears. Big mistake to shop on it

#1200198

Same thing happened to me.Sears says contact the vendor, but the vendor won't answer their phone or return emails.

Sears Marketplace is a total joke and needs to be closed down.

After a week of dealing with sears.com lip service every two days, telling me give them 24 hours to resolve the issue, I finally had to cancel the purchase with my Visa company due to Internet Fraud by sears.com, who charged my credit card, not the supplier.Sears has yet to issue a refund 7 days after first contacting them.

Sears has also done this to me as well!My little girls wagon was supposed to be shipped out and be at my house by the 16th.

All they did was take my money! I am going to the corporate office with this and I am a lawyer so we will see how they want to proceed.

This scam is terrible for people at anytime especially at Christmas!

Stockton, California, United States #738725

sears dont stand behind the customer .the vendor does not answer the phone and email .

this is a scam .if you dont want this to happen to you stay away from sears market place .

splat75202
Houston, Texas, United States #586127

an update: shortly after I originally posted this complaint, Sears contacted me! They promptly refunded both the charges to my credit card and issued a $300 gift card.

Kudos to Sears' support team for picking up on my complaint.

I am still disappointed that I had to resort to social media to get this resolved - Sears would serve themselves well to improve their customer service so others won't have to do as I did.

pissed consumers
Parsons, Tennessee, United States #574634

This is the same way the mattress I bought was it was only sold through sears.com, but was purchased through a separate vendor and no one can still locate my mattress!

SearsCares
Sears Response

Splat75202,

Hello my name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Social Media Support team. Our team came across your post and wanted to reach out. I can understand your concern with receiving your products in a reasonable time frame. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you’ve encountered because of this long delay. We are very sorry for any disagreeable service you received while trying to get assistance with your order. I would like to get you in contact with one of our dedicated case managers so that we may look into this and find a fitting resolution for you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your order was originally purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we’ll call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Splat75202) listed on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.