1.8K views

4227 Mt. Herbert Ave.

San Diego, Ca. 92117

egalicki@san.rr.com

858-277-6338

It is such a disappointment to have to write such a letter so soon after purchasing a very expensive mattress.

We had such hope that it would be a good one, seeing the name and hearing the reputation. Unfortunately it turned out to be nothing more than a hoax, and a very expensive one at that.

We paid for a quality, long term, guaranteed mattress, based on the salesman's description of the warranty. Then after way less than a year the mattress sags where we sleep, and the warranty proves to be virtually worthless.

The instructions to demonstrate this sag are silly at best. The sag isn't very apparent when no person is on the mattress. So taking a picture looking for 1 ½ inches of sag is a really good trick to fool the public. Since the sag doesn't seem to get to 1 ½ inches when the mattress is empty you are off the hook. The sag is, however, more than harmful when there are humans on the mattress. The sag is horrible when we are on the bed, I have to put an extra pillow in the cavity, and I still have aches before the night is half way through. My wife also has this suffering from the failure of the mattress to support her.

Since you don't publish an email contact address, and force all of us who are disappointed in the complete lack of quality in such an expensive mattress to write letters, I have to assume you are aware of the problem and don't want to be bombarded with complaint emails.

If this is the case, I feel my only alternative is to get on the web and publish warnings in as many places I can find and make the obvious trickery clear. I think if I can persuade even one or two people from purchasing your high priced mattresses that are doomed to fail with the crafty warranty that sounds good pre-purchase but turns out worthless after purchase I might be doing a good thing.

I have found at least 40 places on the web I can put this information, and they are great in that there are links that even the slightest inquiry will direct people to them. I could probably also make a nice clip that has just as good a chance to go viral as some of the crazy stuff that makes it to millions of hits.

I suppose some strong warnings, with accurate descriptive terminology, directed towards Sears will also be in order, since this is where the salesman deceived us into thinking we were paying for a warranty that had some kind of real value.

Beyond disappointed

Ed Galicki

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Hi Ed,

Just wondering if you followed up with an email to SearsCares after they contacted you on Jan 13, 2012.If so, they did assist you with anything?

Were you able to get a new matress through the warranty?

Many thanks in advance.

to Anonymous San Diego, California, United States #1140232

They just referred me to their worthless warranty - it has to sag 2" with no person on it - it won't - but when you get on it your back is like a cue ball in a sock.

Thank you for spreading the word about defective mattresses sold by Sears. My hope is that the complaints will warrant (no punt intended) a class action law against Sears.

to Anonymous Ventura, California, United States #1015834

I purchased a mattress back in Sept 2009, I've had it warranty replaced several times.I've actually lost count!!

Sagging and the last 2 times coil failure.It's totally crazy!

San Diego, California, United States #797373

Anyone can see from the listing of failures of the mattress and the failure of Sears to try to accommodate the customer they are not interested in customer service, customer satisfaction, or honesty. They are interested in selling a flawed, deceptively warranted product, and have continued to sell these to consumers with no real protection for the consumer in this deceptive warranty.

Gridley, California, United States #794930

I am having same problem with a Serta Mattress with a 10 yr warranty. They approved me for a mattress for the amount I paid but now I have to do all the research to find the same specifications my mattress has and will not approve my box springs 2 times I have had inspector out to my house

to Bossybru #797358

I got it from Sears to

Beaverton, Oregon, United States #603059

Where did you see the 1.5" thing?I took pics of our mattress, a week after we got it.

I laid a broom handle across the bed and held a tape measure up to it. It was 1.25" on one side and 1.5" on the other. Ridiculous. Now they're hitting me with a restock fee.

If I have something i.

writing that says 1.5" is 'defective' I may get my fee waived.Can you help?

to shaknzmom Buena Vista, Colorado, United States #915604

I found that information on the original paper work that came attached to the mattress. It is under the "Limited Warranty" section of the Product Warranty & Care Instructions.

to shaknzmom #1015831