South Portland, Maine

I purchased a mattress that came with a 10-year warranty.Within two years it began to sag on both sides of the bed.

The sag could visibly be seen even after the bed was made. Called Sears, followed their directions to measure the depth of the mattress using a broom and ruler. It was 2.5 inches even after we had been out of the bed for awhile. Send photos to Sears mattress warranty department and then was given more requirements before it could be replaced.

I had to remove the mattress and take a picture of the mattress from every angle they could think of and one of the box spring top and bottom both in good condition. After following all the direction for replacement, I was told they wouldn't replace it because it had a stain on it. What? Why would that matter?

Did they plan to resell it? Sear told me it was in the warranty that it had to be defective and clean. What a bunch of bull, Sears policy is to never replace any mattress. Since they don't publish an email contact address, I am assuming they are aware of the problem and could care less.

Check out the thousands of complaints online.

Be smart, DON'T BUY ANYTHING AT SEARS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT HONOR WARRANTIES EVEN ON APPLIANCES.(photo with the ruler looks like it is being pushed down but shows how even the weight of the ruler makes the mattress sag)

Review about: National Bedding Company Lucinda Queen Mattress.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Sears Replacement
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion