2.4
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Mar 17

UPDATE: Delivery of a new washer and dryer took multiple calls and 2 more store visits.I did receive a new washer and dryer, but had to pick them up at the store.

I was able to get these 2 weeks after the original set was scheduled to be delivered. I am writing this update about 4 months after the original complaint.

The store appliance manager was helpful in the final return/new purchase and I received a discount.

I am very thankful for the items I have.However, considering the challenges I encountered while purchasing, I will not likely buy home appliances at Sears again.

Original review posted by user Nov 26, 2016

Hello, I purchased a washer and dryer at a Sears store in Torrance, California on Sunday, November 13, 2016.When purchasing, I was told that delivery could not take place until today, Saturday, November 26, 2016.

I was not happy that it would take 2 weeks to deliver these items, but I was guaranteed that these items would be delivered on time. I agreed to the purchase. Last night, Friday, November 25, 2016, I received a phone call to confirm the delivery for today between 1 and 3pm. I eagerly awaited my delivery and this morning at 10:45am (Sat, Nov 26, 2016), I received a phone call from a Sears corporate office representative from Texas that explained to me that the washer and dryer that I ordered two weeks ago, would not be delivered until maybe December 9.

I asked if there were other options and this representative said that I could cancel the order. I am appalled. I just spent $1400 on merchandise that was promised to be delivered today. I would happily exchange my purchase for another washer and dryer that could be delivered today and she told me that she did not have access to any of that information.

She gave me a phone number to call and said that until I decided to cancel my order and receive a refund, she was going to change the delivery time on my online order. I did not agree to this but she said she could not help me further. I contacted three phone numbers (the one she offered and two others that I found online) and was sent to a Sears call center in Manilla, Philippines each time. One representative, Emily (Ref ID# 986786) told me that the best she could do was offer that a "specialist" call me in the next 72 hours.

What?! This is insane. The other representative I spoke with there told me that he too could not help me and said he would transfer me to the store that I purchased for in Torrance, California. When transferred, I was sent to a voicemail that was full and consequently hung up on.

I am at this point, beyond furious. I need a washer and dryer now. I am willing to pay more (although I think I should be given an easy exchange option for comparable merchandise) and just want to know what washer and dryer bundle is available now in my area. No one that I have spoken with has helped me and I am exhausted.

I am going on 1 hour of waiting for a representative to call me and I have a gut feeling that this will spill into a multiple-day, if not weeks-long, waiting process.I AM PISSED.

vivianax21 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Sears. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1400 and wants Sears to have the product delivered.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Sears washer and dryer for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments