With Company response

I ordered a mattress and box spring set online.Sears called to schedule delivery.

I took a day off from work to meet them, only to have them call me to say the driver could not locate me, and that the items would be returned to the warehouse, and delivery would have to be re-scheduled. I told them to just forget it and credit my account. Needless to say, they didn't and are harassing me daily for payment! I have talked to at least 15 different people for resolution, to no avail.

Sears and the parent company Citicorp, are putting the burden on me to prove that I did not take delivery!What to do?!

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

turnburrymom
Washington, New Jersey, United States #594743

They've had this problem for years.I took a day off a couple years ago to get a dishwasher delivered.

They claimed no one was home but I was here all day.

Oh, and the SearsCares response is a "form letter" type e-response.I got the identical on for posting that I could not get a refund for an air compressor that was not delivered - only mine was from "Brian".

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous #375608

Hi, my name is Christine and I am with the Sears Social Media Support team. I saw your post here and would like to reach out to you and offer assistance. I can understand how overwhelming the issues with your canceled order after delivery failed to complete your order. I apologize for the confusion and the failure to meet your expectations with your prompt refund. I understand how overwhelming our customer service was as we dealt with your issue ineffectively. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss options to satisfy you as a customer and restore your faith in our company. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com to open the lines of communication with you and discuss your experience. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the mattress was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Anonymous #375608) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we are anxious to hear from you.

Christine R.