With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Schwinn exercise bike three years ago.Also purchased the extended warranty.

When the warranty came up for renewal this year, I renewed it. Had a need for a service call in March, 2011. They ordered replacement parts which as of May 3, 2011 were still on backorder. Was told they would replace bike if repair could not be made.

Discovered today when I took my authorization number for the replacement to Sears, they only will replace $300 toward an exercise bike. I paid almost $500 for the bike plus purchasing the warranty for a total of almost $700 at time of purchase. There was no manager there to speak with, and I waited for more than an hour while I thought a manager was out to lunch. Sat in the department while employees were all around, none of whom seemed the least bit interested in assisting me in solving my problem.

I will never ever do business with Sears again, nor will I ever purchase a warranty contract which is totally worthless in my opinion.

Interestingly, while I was waiting, I was approached by a salesperson wanting to sell something for my home.SERIOUSLY???????

Review about: Sears Repair.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

They didn't either on the stove/range we purchased. Their warranty is not worth the paper its printed on

SearsCares
Sears Response

To CCcory,

I want to apologize for the delayed response to the situation with your exercise bike as I just came across your post. I am so sorry for the difficulties that have occurred with getting your exercise bike replaced under your warranty. At Sears, we pride ourselves on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our products and services and it appears we have not met that goal here. We would very much like to speak with your regarding this situation so that we can find out what happened and work towards resolving this to your satisfaction.

My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the exercise bike was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (CCcory) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Laura D.