Made an appointment to have my Kenmore Elite (over $1000.00) washing machine repaired for Friday, July 29, 2011.Received automated reminder call on Thursday to be home on Friday between 8:00 a.m.

and 12:00 p.m. Took the day off from work; 1:00 p.m. no repair person and no phone call. Called customer service (where is customer service for Sears?

India?). Was told that there was no service person in my area--why did I have an appointment? Have always preferred Kenmore;will drive by Sears the next time I need to throw money away.

After attempting to find out why I had an appointment if there wasn't a repair person in the area (not English as a first language customer service person once again)I tried calling the store where I purchased the washer and dryer; choose services, parts, repairs from the automated menu--guess what I spoke to "Chad"--yeah right, "Chad" does not have English as his first language either!India again?

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #323583

Ateast you did not get Peggy from Russia. Also beaware, Kenmore is just a little plastic piece put on the appliance,Sears owns the Kenmore name but does not make anything.The applaince you have was made by one of these companies,Whirlpool,maytag,GE, LG,Frigadare or a number of others and the Kenmore tag put on it.You could of bought the applaince anywhere for a cheaper price and better service.Dont belieave me, ask Sears what the address is of there Kenmore factory, there isn't one.

Below is what I received when replying to James H. at smsupport@searshc.com

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

smsupport@searshc.com

The format of the recipient's email address isn't valid.

I did find the problem and resend the email--was not my problem but the way the email hyperlink was placed in the posting.