Bought a mattress, which arrived with ruts on each side and a ridge down the middle. Called the 1-800 number because I couldn't get anyone to pick up at the store number. I was told it was clearly defective so there WOULD NOT be a restock fee. It took another 5 phone calls to get the return figured out.

We return it and get hit with a $151 fee!!! Seriously?? They told us when we bought it that there is a restock fee to return it if we didn't like it. But it was clearly defective!

Can't get any resolution. When I finally talked to a store employee they told me that in-store employees have different options than the 1-800 employees....that the store employees DO charge a restock fee.

What the heck? Don't they ALL WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY??? Why are they allowed to have different rules?

I would just ignore the fee but Sears is a big company and can ruin my impeccable credit. How is that fair?? I'm out $151, not to mention the insane amount of time I spent on hold and the inconvenience of not having a bed until we could find another one elsewhere.

Won't shop there again. Sears is a nightmare!!!!!!!!!

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

debeym
Conroe, Texas, United States #604839

Dont give up! Call the executive offices at 800-995-2139.