With Company response Not resolved

Our 3 year old piece of ***, likely made in China dishwasher has been broken for weeks now and I just got off the phone with a CSR who could care less.We have had 1 Sears repairman out and another company contracted out by Sears out twice.

The Sears contracted guy that came out to the house first- performed the diagnostics on the problem with some prompting and figured out the problem we think (not totally convinced that this is true since they had to send out 3 guys to fix our 3 year old fridge before correctly diagnosing the problem) ordered the needed part and told us the part would be in on Monday (it was Thursday at this point). The same contracted Sears repair man showed up on Monday and realized that the wrong part had been ordered - this time when I asked when the actual part would be in he stated he did not know. Sears called 4 days later and left a voice mail saying that somebody would be out to the house on Saturday between 1:30 and 5 pm. This time it was a Sears repair man - however, he showed up without the actual part needed to fix (we think) the problem.

Without even running any kind of diagnostics (ie turning the thing on) he said he was going to order a hose that would run from the dishawasher to the sink - I said this was not the problem and after much convincing I actually got the guy to tip the dishwasher up and I showed him where it was leaking and the part that the original guy had ordered. He left, Sears called later and said that they would be sending somebody out next Thursday. I called the 1-800 # today to reason with them and suggest that they send somebody else out today since they screwed up twice now and that I should not be treated like any other new service request in the *** - they failed to see my reasoning and the only option they could offer is that should somebody else cancel they will slot us in.

Thanks Sears - the products you sell suck and your service sucks even more.Next time I will forgo the extended warranty and spend that money on having my craply made in China appliance serviced by a local repair service that cares.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Jlatreille,

I'm so sorry for the negative experience you've had with Sears repair. We value your business and would like the opportunity to step in and help get this issue resolved once and for all. My name is James and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com. Please send us an email providing a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Jlatreille) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Jlatreille,

If your Dish Washer is still covered under the Master Protection Agreement (Which it sounds like it is), I hope you know that the Master Protection Agreement covers the Lemon Law.

I doubt they would treat this as "3 separate" repairs (They may) because it sounds like this has been 1 ongoing repair. Look inside the Master Protection Agreement booklet and look for the Lemon Law section. It states that 4 separate repairs within 1 year, basically Sears has to honor the Lemon Law and give you back what you paid for the dish washer.

The Sears Tech can give you the authorization number and spending limit, and you can go into your local Sears and pick out ANY dish washer - brand new of course. If you spend more than what they give you, well you will have to pay the difference though. Ask the Sears Tech if the dish washer would be "considered" a Lemon according to the Master Protection Agreement. He may have to do it anyway because it sounds like they can't fix it :)

Miss Elvira
#302013

Remember back in the 7-'s Sears was the best thing ever? that sucks that you went through that and am surprised...but not too much.