With Company response

Sears has charged me a total of $332.18 for $83.83 worth of merchandise.I placed an order for $219.37 via PayPal with Sears.com.

The order amount was immediately charged to my checking account but part of the order was cancelled by Sears. Instead of refunding the remaining balance left of the original order, Sears put another charge against my account for $83.83. This amount was for the items that were actually shipped. The original $219.37 is still pending against my account and I found out there is yet another pending charge for $28.98.

This has totally screwed up my checking account and in the meantime Sears is causing my money to be tied up indefinitely. I have been over charged by more than $248.00 and I haven't gotten a reasonable explanation at all.

There is no reason for Sears to continue to access my checking account when I've only authorized ONE transaction.Once the added transaction for $28.98 posts to my account it will be overdrawn.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

wow, a similar issue occurred on my account.I have pending charge of around $350 on my sears credit card after an order was canceled 'in the inventory process" in error as I am told.

This occurred on 8/7/12 and sears.com has yet to resolve the issue. I reordered the item 3 times each time being assured the issue of the pending charge would resolve as I was ordering the same item,spoke to at least 20 people from the various departments at the credit card co. and sears.com and all the the orders were either canceled or never submitted.Each person gives me different information. I plan to pay off my balance once the pending charge is resolved and simply cancel the card.

I will never shop on line at sears .com . I am disgusted and tired of wasting my time repeating the entire story with each person I speak to,all of whom appear either indifferent or incompetent,and many of whom are difficult to understand due to Indian accents.

I did speak with someone who actually seems to have some authority in the sears card accounting dept,who appeared concerned as well as surprised at the comedy of errors .He plans to call me back this Friday to check on the outcome of my most recent placed order, which interestingly, like the others, is not reflected as ever have been submitted.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous-267284:

Please accept our apologies for the problems you have encountered attempting to purchase items from Sears.com. I'm not sure how to adequately convey sincerity to you but you should know that we are here to help with this and any other Sears related issue you may be having or have had. My name is Susan and I am part of the Social Media Support Escalations team at Sears and we would like to look into this for you.

At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com so you don’t have to continue to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the Sears.com items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Anonymous-267284) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response Middletown, New York, United States #576058

I moved and someone was using my charge.When I changed my address, update,etc, I called Sears and found this out.

I had a $300 charge cancelled and the paper statements sent to me. Lo and behold, supposedly Sears closed the account, set up a new one but this same creep charged over 400 more dollars on the other side of the country! So I'm up to $700 with fraudulent charges and pain in the ___ to clear this all up.

Beware because IDs are not always checked even at $300!Hopefully this will get straightened out - it's strictly cash now with Sears - I'm not trusting anyone!