With Company response Not resolved

I bought some lights from Sears.com and the wrong item arrived (they sent me a 'laptop cushion'!Without a packing slip).

It was purchased through a Sears.com marketplace seller who then went missing when I tried to obtain the correct item that i ordered and PAID FOR! The number Sears gave me was incorrect and my emails went unanswered. I contacted Sears.com customer service and they were TERRIBLE. They refused to issue a refund or to send the correct item.

I was on the phone with their customer service department for DAYS. I got the same response over and over and over "I am unable to process a refund as it is a marketplace item". The numbers and emails they gave me for the Marketplace seller were incorrect so I could not follow up directly. I feel that as an item listed on the sears.com website, even though they are sold by an outside source, the responsibility lies with SEARS!

They should cover the error. Now I have paid for an item I didn't order, and they are asking me to cover the cost of shipping back to a seller who doesn't even exist. F- that! Never buying from Sears ever again.

You shouldn't either.

I'll stick with Amazon in the future.Totally reliable.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States #625195

have contacted Sears customer service twice about my issue because of their incompetent online sales and they have not had the courtesy to even call back. Will never buy from Sears again!

ambitious1535

Caution when buying off of Sears.com .Sears allows third parties to sell stuff on their website for a fee/commission.

Before you know exactly who you are dealing with.And the current owner of Sears wants to take the business online as much as he can so these scnerios will increase.

ambitious1535
to ambitious1535 #580867

Correction: Before you buy know exactly who you are dealing with.

to ambitious1535 Syracuse, New York, United States #581180

I purchased online at Sears because I am a senior and going out Sears is difficult for me.I purchased $220.00 of items and 3 days later my husband found the same thing at Lowes that would have saved me $20.00.

I emailed Sears back from my online receipt and was told they would have price matched the items but was sold to me by an off site dealer. I said that the receipt has Sears email on it but all they said was sorry and that there was nothing they could do. Beware when buying on Sears.com. Most of the time you will unknowingly get item from an off site vendor.

Never again.I'll stick with Amazon.com

SearsCares
Sears Response

cabalerno,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the level of customer service you have experienced your online order. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support Team. I understand how frustrating it can be to order some lights and receive the wrong item. Even more, I can see how disappointing it is to receive the level of service when you contacted us. We would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to speak with you and find other options to get this resolved for you. At your convenience, please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact number and the phone number the order was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your Screen name (cabalerno) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.