With Company response Not resolved

I ordered nearly $3,000 worth of merchandise (a Husqvarna yard tractor and a Craftsman rear tine tiller) on April 2nd from Sears with a delivery date of April 11th. I took off work to be home to get my merchandise on the 11th. To help move things along, I called and gave the customer care people the best # to reach me in case they needed directions to my home and the lady put me on hold so she could give it to the driver who was to deliver my items. She then told me I was #6 on their delivery list and that they were currently on #5 - I was next in line! I was so happy! Finally I was getting my wonderful new mower and tiller! So I anxiously await the delivery truck to come down our road. A few minutes later, the delivery guy from Excel calls asking for directions. I gave him detailed directions and I told him I had taken off work and was anxious to get it so that I could mow my now knee-high grass. He asked how far from Highway 380 and 75 he was, and I told him he should be at my home in 30 to 45 minutes.

An hour goes by and so I call to find out where on earth the delivery truck is. Imagine my surprise when I was told there was no delivery scheduled for April 11th, that my mower and tiller was not to be delivered until April 14th. I told the lady that I had taken off work specifically to get my items which had been scheduled for the 11th for nearly 2 weeks! So she reads the notes and comes back on the phone and says the delivery person wasn't able to come to Bonham and so they rescheduled my delivery. No phone call to me asking if that is okay, no apologies, no nothing!

Let me just be blunt here for a moment - Sears has the worst customer service in the world. Nobody at their company cared that I had taken off time from work to wait on my mower, nobody cared that I needed that mower immediately to mow my yard, nobody cared that I spent quite a bit of money on gas to get to my home. They simply did not care.

I then got online and started looking to see if I can find someone who can deliver me the same mower immediately so that I could cancel the order. I found on the Sears website that they are now offering a free cart with a lawn mower purchase of over $1,299 which mine most definitely was. So I called customer care and they told me they could not give it to me, even though I lost a day of work and tons of gas in going to my house waiting on your delivery truck which never came. If Sears now offers a promotion that I qualify for, and my mower has not yet been delivered, I should be entitled to receive it. I do not understand how they can expect to screw customers over like this and then not honor promotions that you have going on. It was through Sears' own negligence that I did not get my mower and tiller, so I should be entitled to this cart.

So if you order from Sears, just know that you cannot trust anything they say. If they will treat a customer who spends $3,000 on merchandise like this, they will treat customers who spend less even worse. Do yourself a favor and buy your merchandise from a local merchant. A local merchant will appreciate you and will do anything in their power to keep you as a good customer. Sears is just too big for its own good. Nobody there cares about you because if they lose you as a customer, they have so many others that they just don't care if they lose you.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

arty

I have a similar problem.I can't mow my lawn cause my new $3000.00 Sears mower is broken and had to call 3 times to get someones attention.

They DON'T care as long as they get your money.

Sears lawn mowers are lousy!I had one from Lowes that lasted three years of very hard usage with no problems!

For Satisfaction Sake

To: Do not buy Lawn (Tractors) from 'sears':

Sir:

I concur with your stance! I have undergone ( under; under ) gone more than you have the last three years. It embarrasses me to tell. Allow me to ex pound. My mower broke-down again last month. The same problem for the third time. Belt repeatedly comes out of the pulley drive system.

After calling 'so-called' customer service the evening of May 4th I was given a repair date of Friday May 11th. " a week from today " are the man's words verbatim! I waited from 1PM - 5PM that day May 11th and no serviceman appeared that afternoon.. When I called that evening I was told that the appointment date was May 18th !!

I am disabled and suffered a T.B.I. yet it did not effect my hearing or sanity; I do know 11 from 18 or other dates in a month or year, still.

I have called the executive offices of customer service three times since last Thurs. May 31st and have not received a return call after leaving a message. This morning it was necessary to call four times to get through as apparently the telephone line was out-of-order?

I have written the 'sears' C.E.O. Mr. Louis J. D'Ambrosio several occasions pertaining to the two defective, cheaply built, non-reliable Riding Mowers purchased since June '09 and still have no dependable Riding Tractor. Reason which for buying is my being disabled. It takes me over ten hours when I use a push-mower. And the result(s) of...

Sorry for your troubles, terpidations, waste of time, gas and $$

E. R. Washington-Masno

4th Junio '12 esxramon@gmail.com

Not trying to rub it in, but the Husqvarna tractors Sears sells aren't real Husqvarnas. They're garbage that is made to Sears specs for a certain price point. Look for the tractors Sears sells at Husq's website.

Also, the Craftsman line of power equipment is all contracted out to bidders, so you're actually over paying for a product that is likely being made by MTD (Troy Bilt's parent company) or price gouged Husqvarna models (once again price out Husqvarna tillers @ lowes and the depot

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear PatrickFromDallas:

Please accept our apologies for the manner in which your delivery appointment has been handled. This is not the type of delivery service that you deserve or the type of service that Sears has prided itself on. My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. We are a single point of contact for escalated issues which means that we handle issues start to finish with one dedicated Senior Case Manager. We would like to look into this situation further for you and offer our assistance to help resolve it. We want to make sure that everything that can be done for you are being done.

At your convenience please contact our office via email at smsupport@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the mower was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (PatrickFromDallas) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.