With Company response Not resolved

Ordered a $550 electric fireplace to give my mother for her birthday. Printed a photo of the item and Mom wanted it in white. Called the Customer Service number found on my gift receipt and the call went to the company who manufactures the fireplaces and sells through Sears, STACKS and STACKS. I cancelled the order with Stacks and Stacks, who put me on hold to speak with a Sears representative and confirm the money would be refunded so I can repurchase a similar item in white. I went forward and purchased a second item that night, knowing I'd receive the funds from my return in a few days.

Woke up and had an email from Sears.com confirming my order has been shipped. Why? My order should have been canceled. I called Sears Customer Service and requested information about my order status. The Customer Service Representative seemed tired, uncaring, was cutting me off as I spoke and answering what she guessed I'd say, telling me my name was not on the order when in fact it was because she did not listen for the second half of my name. The conversation was already obnoxious, the results of the conversation, however, were far more irritating.

The order had been shipped because they didn't "catch it in time." Why, then, was I told that the order had been stopped and caught the night before? When I asked this, the customer service representative responded lazily that it "just wasn't caught in time", barely exposing any information. When I pushed about what we can do to move forward and remedy the problem she said that I had to take care of it now because Sears won't handle the cancelation of an item that is through one of their separate vendors and there was nothing else she could do.

Because of this inconvenience I am out $1,000 and wondering how long it will take to receive the half that should be returned. I am waiting on an electric fireplace to be delivered so that I can return it ---pay the money in shipping and what else. I am a 25 year old student, I don't have the kind of money to deal with such an unprofessional company.

I will never again shop at Sears. The poor and LAZY attitude of their customer service, outdated seeming website and inconvenient policies I received this week have forever changed my view of that company. YUCK!

For anyone who is looking for an electric fireplace, HOME DEPOT was convenient, had a fantastic selection and much quicker FREE delivery.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Bithor85,

We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase for your mom’s birthday. We can certainly understand your frustration especially thinking the order was cancelled and there’s no problem getting the refund as promised. We strive to provide top notch service to each and every one of our customers, and we are sorry to see that we have fallen short of that mark in this instance. My name is Delfa B. and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team, and we would like to help. We would like to have one of our dedicated case managers contact you in order to ensure proper resolution to your issue and an end to your frustration. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Bithor85) and the phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we hope to speak with you soon.

Delfa B.