Sears, or you might call K-mart #2, has very bad customer service so if you are buying anything that might require any service after the purchase, you don't want to buy from them, period.If it's home-delivered appliance, they won't call you to inform you when the delivery is so that you can plan your schedule.

You have to call on the day of the delivery to find out and if it's not within a time frame workable, tough! You have to wait til the next remote date generated by computer and you the customer can't request even a time frame workable for you. It's a whole day wait. I think they are the next Enron in the retail industry.

The store looks very ugly with outdated merchandise, not any higher grade in appearance as compared to K-mart yet the price is higher than Walmart and Kmart.As far as customer service, believe or not, is not half as good as Amazon.com (You can find everything from dog food to home appliances there.)

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

Saipan, Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands #18239

Gruber, stop telling this lie to people. You caused the problem by first using an unliscensed 3rd party, and trying to blame it on Sears.

Signed,

Concerned BBB Employee

Essington, Pennsylvania, United States #17312

I wholeheartedly agree --- here is my story:

Several years ago, in 2003, I brought in three people to give me estimates for installing central air units. One of the three said that I would need two separate units. The other two said that my house needs only one unit. Because of the Sears name, I decided to have Sears install the units. I figured that their subcontractors are all top notch.

The installation began, and was completed. The AC system was turned on and my house was not cooling in the way that it should have, but my electrical bills went through the roof. The Sears repairman finally came in, after waiting two weeks for an appointment, and he told me that I should have had two units put in - not the one. He then looked at the system closer and called his supervisor.

It appeared that because of the difficulty of the layout of my home --a tudor - with the many cross beams, vents were not snaked to the first floor - instead, I was air conditioning the outside.

Of course, Sears apologized, gave me a small financial settlement and redid the AC system in 2004. Sears looked at the payment as a refund - I looked at the money as the money used to pay my electric bills the previous summer. This may seem like semantics - but there is more to the story.

Though my bills were high, my house was somewhat cool.

The following summer, the central air unit broke down again - Four years - three breakdowns! Last Summer - 2007, upon...

Finally, after being forced to reschedule, and after filing a complaint with the BBB, they arrived in October and made a makeshift device was created, using electrical tape and screws, to catch the water so my system doesn't short out again. I again complained to Sears of shoddy workmanship and the use of shoddy products. This time I followed up on my complaint with the BBB until I became a pain in the a _ _ . Sears responded, came to my home and replaced much of my system in November 2007 and admitted that the system used was not a good one and the that water constantly accumulated in the pan to short out systems. I turned the AC on in October to make sure it worked --- for the 6 hours that it was on - it worked.

Three weeks ago, the temperatures in the northeastern part country hit 90+. The AC system worked for 12 hours and then it died AGAIN --- I called Sears to come for repairs, but they are unavailable until June 24 ---three weeks AFTER the breakdown --- Today, June 16, I called Sears to try and reschedule my appointment and they hung up on me twice! The first person was to the service center to reschedule the appointment and when I requested to speak to a supervisor, she put me back in the main directory. The second person, refused to give me her name and put me on hold – and then the standard message of “if you would like to make a call……” came on – In other words, she didn’t even put me into the directory!

I finally called National Customer Service at 1-800-549-4505 – they then put me onto the main mailbox again! I recalled again – and insisted on speaking directly to a supervisor, they refused until I gave them my name and address again! You can guess what happened – I was put back into the main directory, where it hung up on me again-----