Long story short:

Sears charged us up-front for refrigerator repair, arrived, said the problem was coldness setting, they left, same problem existed. My husband fixed the problem himself after researching on internet. I went through a long process to get our $130 for non-repair refunded.

Bought a dishwasher from Sears and paid an additional $149 for installation. Installer damaged it while installing. Called the store and they told us the only way to handle was we had to buy a SECOND dishwasher, schedule another installation, they'd take back damaged dishwasher and credit us for the double-charge. It's been weeks, and we're still waiting for the credit for returned dishwasher.

BOTTOM LINE - Sears has TERRIBLE customer service, and it's getting worse. Do yourself a big favor and don't buy appliances at Sears or use their repair service. We've had nothing but grief and will never buy there again.

Review about: Sears Installation.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments

sisyphus
#193878

i am curious as to how you got the repair service fee refunded.i just posted about my very poor sears experience, which involved 3 separate tech visits over the past 6 weeks for the same problem.

The end result was basically that they still were not sure of what was wrong with my high efficiency front loader. These techs each time had to call tech support for assistance....pointing out their obvious lack of technical skill! each time they came with different parts (which i was charged for).... none of which remedied the problem.....

The 3rd time they came, they "thought" it might be the motor-- a $500 part!!!! By this time we were fed up with their guesswork and lack of customer service. I did calls sears and asked for a refund on the service charge...since nothing was repaired!!! They have began a "dispute" with a case number for me but were very upfront in stating that they doubted I would get the fee refunded since someone did attempt to fix the issue.....

I am filing a complaint a better business bureau as well.Any pointers to what you went through would be appreciated!

#192885

To Nancy_ross10,

My name is Marcus and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalations team and I am very concerned about what I have read here concerning your experience with Sears Installation and the credit for the damaged dishwasher. Please allow us to bring resolve to this situation for you. I want you to know that Sears apologizes for the hassle that you have been put through trying to bring closer to this and we don’t want this problem to be the reason that we loose a loyal customer. We defiantly understand how big of an inconvenience this has caused you and your family we want you to know we defiantly value you as a Sears shopper and would like the opportunity to bring closer to what has taken place. Sears Cares is a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager as your point of contact. At your convenience, please contact our office at searscares@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this any longer. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Nancy_ross10) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Marcus C.