I am another consumer caught in Sears limbo.

Our hot water heater decided to give up the ghost on Christmas. I immediately got online and ordered a replacement with expedited delivery. The water heater was supposed to arrive yesterday. Emphasis on "supposed".

I took the day off work to wait for the water heater that never arrived. After approximately 12 phone calls (including being transferred to the same departments a few times) and waiting on hold for at least 10 minutes with each transfer, I was finally able to find out that my water heater wasn't delivered because it was out of stock. Wouldn't it have been more efficient to update the website to reflect that and offer other in-stock choices?

Anyway, since the order is still "processing" (even though my bank account was promptly debited for the entire purchase price plus $142 for expedited shipping), I cannot get a refund. The status will change only when the water heater is restocked. Who in h*** knows when that will be?

So, here I sit….no hot water heater, no money to buy another one until Sears gives me my money back. To save time, I opened a dispute with PayPal. I may see my money in 30 days. The silver lining is I have very nice neighbors who are allowing me to use their shower

and I have wised up to never doing business with Sears again. Everyone else would be smart to do the same.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments