I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model 592-89474.It was delivered in September 2015 and installed after our renovation was completed in November, 2015.

In October 2016, this dryer was not producing heat on any cycle. All it did was blow cold air. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. I finally bought what was allegedly a high end washer and dryer and less than 1 year after install, the thermostat failed and the dryer had to be repaired.

This dryer is overy lightly used - only for towels, sheets and my daughter's clothes. Picture below shows how clean the interior of the dryer is - I took this when it was apart for repair - there is no build-up of lint at all. The machine looks like brand new. I hang all of my clothing and don't put any of it in the dryer.

My husband is still using the old Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer (bought 7 years ago) that we installed in the master bedroom closet. The Whirlpool appliances incidentally still work excellently and have never required repair. When I called Sears and told them what happened with the Kenmore dryer and explained that the dryer had not been installed until November, which meant that the failure had occurred within 1 year of use warranty, they said installation date did not matter, it was delivered to us in September and therefore they would not honour the warranty and they were not responsible to cover the cost to repair the dryer. Not only am I disappointed with Sears and the position they took, but what "high end quality product" fails in less than 12 months of light use?

None.

Which leads to my conclusion that these Kenmore appliances are of poor quality and are clearly not good value for the money.Even Sears wouldn't stand behind their failed Sears Kenmore brand product.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of inferior quality kenmore elite appliances and sears failure to apply warranty from date of install. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss damaged or defective of sears washer and dryer warranty and associated monetary loss in the amount of $257. Sears needs to "sears pays the cost of replacing the thermostat and provides further 1 year warranty on appliances" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears washer and dryer warranty in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Had an Experience with Sears?

Comments